The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) - For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
Purpose of the Position
In order to support generating information for planning the scale up of child protection services, and ensuring that the required budgets are integrated into the medium term expenditure framework, UNICEF is seeking to hire an international TA to lead the programe planning, recruitment of expert consultancy firm or individual consultants, programme monitoring and implementation of activities including the financial programme management for the completion of the analysis of the budget allocation, costing of the services and economic burden of child abuse and the development of budgetary guidelines.
Specific Project Objectives to Which the Position is Related:
- Output 36: By 2017, the capacity of key institutions and civil society is strengthened to monitor and report violence against children especially in humanitarian context and implement gender and age-appropriate prevention and response measures in at least three states.
- Output 39: By 2017, the capacity to plan and manage social welfare workforce, finance and gender-/age-appropriate services of child protection systems to prevent and respond to violence, abuse, exploitation and neglect strengthened at Federal, State and Local Government Area level
- Major Tasks to Be Accomplished
- Analysis of current budget allocation to child protection conducted by expert consultancy firm/individual consultants validated and launched
- Costing of the child protection services conducted by expert consultancy firm/individual consultants validated and launched
- Analysis of the economic burden of violence against children conducted by expert consultancy firm/individual consultants validated and launched
- Budgetary guidelines developed by the consultancy firm/individual consultants to fund the child protection services validated and launched
- DCTs and direct payments to partners timely submitted, processed and liquidated
- Payments to the consultancy firm/individual expert consultants timely processed
- 7th Learning Group Meeting on Budgeting and funding the child protection system organized
- 2016 advocacy strategy developed and key high level advocacy meetings conducted
- Draft child protection budget lines available for 2018s state budget allocation
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Advanced university Degree in Social Science, Economic Sciences, Public Finances or related field (Masters or equivalent level)
- First university degree with additional two-years of relevant work experience is acceptable in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional work experience with projects related to programme management
- Understanding of the international framework for child protection
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong advocacy skills
- Strong written skills
- Fluency in English
- Experience in the field of child protection programming advocating for increased budgeting and financing an asset
- Abreast with latest development in the field of public finances and budgeting an asset
- Experience with UNICEF is desirable
- Experience working with government desirable
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494191 to apply for this job .