Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives
Project Overview and Role:
Voices for Change (V4C) is a recently designed, UK Aid funded, four year programme running from October 2013 to December 2017. The goal of V4C is to help transform social attitudes towards girls and women in Nigeria by working on specific individual, social and institutional changes. V4C will do this by operating at Federal level and in four States (Kano, Kaduna, Lagos, Enugu) to deliver five outputs:
- Output 1: 120,000 Adolescent girls and women with improved life skills.
- Output 2: Community of 2.75 million people with improved knowledge and attitudes that challenges gender discrimination.
- Output 3: Key influencers, including 12,000 boys and men and 4,000 leaders, with improved skills and attitudes to girls and women.
- Output 4: Greater inclusion of girls and women?s issues in political and governance processes.
- Output 5: Improved use of evidence in policy and practice.
V4C?s Vision is to be known and recognised for creating new ways to change behaviour, contributing to a Nigeria where every girl, boy, woman and man achieves their full potential. V4C?s Mission is to inspire a generation of new voices to speak up and speak out to empower young women to achieve their real potential. V4C will achieve this by:
- Creating space and opportunities for girls to grow.
- Getting the support of boys and men.
- Removing formal and informal barriers, or
- Influencing behaviours and laws / behavioural and legal change in Nigeria.
V4C has 6 core values, and for V4C to be a success, every V4C team member is expected to embrace the core values as a fundamental part of how they operate:
- Innovation and creativity
- Inclusion and diversity
- Modelling gender equality
- Working as one team
- Results driven
- Listening to our audience
V4C recognises the need to work as a ground breaking, high performing team. Effectiveness of every team member in 3 Core Competencies is fundamental to the success of this:
- Planning and Organising
- Technological Awareness.
- The community manager will be responsible for the monitoring and facilitating of user interactions and engagement on the Purple website, an online community dedicated to changing gender based social norms in Nigeria.
- The website does this by providing content and features encouraging young people to reflect, discuss, learn about, get inspiration and take action on the topic of gender equality.
- The program, and therefore the website?s content, focuses particularly on the 3 pillars of VAWG, women in leadership and women in decision making.
- The community manager will also be responsible for posting and moderating social media content on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Work with content producers and the Project Manager to plan and commission the weekly content schedule for the site, including social media.
- Liaise with expert advisors to ensure the production of quality, reliable content & features on key issues
- Work with client managers to ensure site development and growth is aligned with programme targets, strategize and plan new features & campaigns
- Edit & sign off on content produced for the site, with a focus on feedback and improvement
- Review & analyse the ?User Generated Content? in order to understand how users are engaging with the site and its topics
- Provide quality assurance for the site, including testing across a range of devices, collecting, collating and presenting user feedback for discussion in weekly community development meetings.
- Liaise with the Every1Mobile technical and user experience teams to report bugs, discuss improvements, and contribute to design briefs to create new features
- Review and analyse traffic & engagement stats, presenting these to the rest of the team on a monthly basis
- Work with the E1M team, clients and partners to develop strategies & plan campaigns for marketing & promotion of the site
- Work with content producer to produce compelling promotion & marketing copy that best represents the community and will attract users to the site
- Source and commission graphics for the site
- Maintain awareness of competitor sites
- Maintain awareness of key issues in field of gender based social norms
- Moderating user feedback and comments on the purple website and on social media
- Write, schedule and publish posts on social media in line with social media plans
- Liaise with Communications Coordinator to ensure key campaigns and events are being planned for and leveraged in the online spaces
- Manage quality, test published content and fix typos, broken links etc.
- Contribute to improvement of Content Management System in collaboration with E1M User Experience Designer & developers
- Contribute to development and growth of your community in collaboration with Community Manager, Head of Content, based on user feedback, competitor activity, key issues in field of youth, gender & culture in Nigeria.
- Assisting with the sourcing and production of graphics for use online.
- The community manager will be expected to improve the quality of engagement with user discussions and feedback on the website and social media; improve the process for reporting and following up on usability issues requested by users; and improve the regular monitoring and reaction to user engagement data on the website.
This will include:
- Working with the head of content and head of programme design to develop a useful, simple report to regularly monitor the engagement of users with the website and its content
- Developing a schedule for the monitoring and moderation of content on the website
- Developing a process for capturing and reporting back key trends and insights gathered from user engagement data
- Refining and sticking to the process for reporting usability issues and getting them resolved
Qualifications / Previous Experience:
- A graduate Degree in Social Sciences (or any other relevant discipline).
- Experience working in the field of development or communications.
Required Background & Skills
- Experience in journalism and/or online media background with at least 3 years? experience working in an online/digital environment
- Ability to use Pidgin
- Demonstrable interest and/or experience in youth, gender and cultural issues & trends across Nigeria
- Experience analyzing web traffic statistics
- Experience managing social media accounts to maximize traffic and improve brand presence
- Demonstrable, excellent standard of copy writing
- Creative and passionate about improving the site and reaching programme targets
- Good understanding of user experience design in an online environment
- Knowledge of Photoshop and manipulating images, audio & video for the web
- Experience working with technical developers.
- Passion for furthering the movement for gender equality in Nigeria
- Professional communication skills and behavior
- Passion for supporting young people to make the most of their potential
- A perfectionist who is motivated by getting a job done to the highest standard
- Values, recognizes, seeks out and recognizes the inputs of others
- Proactive problem solver who doesn?t give up, and follows through until a resolution has been achieved
- Comfortable working with people from different backgrounds both face to face and virtually
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494178 to apply for this job .