To provide management oversight for all phases of the construction project, including coordinating workers, material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
Reporting Line: Project Director
- Preparation of the project schedule.
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the building design, scheduling, possible cost savings measures and potential construction problems.
- Assist estimator in preparation of project budget
- Prepare the general conditions budget.
- Assist in assembling the job site office and equipment requirements.
- Have confidence in own ability to intelligently communicate with design team/client as well as effectively lead the trades.
- Expedite all shop drawings and approvals
- Monitor and maintain the project construction schedule on a weekly basis.
- Raise and discuss relevant issues at the job site meetings.
- Prepare & issue minutes of all site meetings
- Inform the Consultant/Client of any errors, discrepancies or omissions contained within the Consultant’s design drawings.
- Monitor site safety and ensure that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced.
- Ensure completion of and track all independent testing and inspections as required.
- Issue monthly progress draws and invoicing to consultant and client including final holdbacks.
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control.
- Control and monitor labour, material and equipment expenses.
- Prepare monthly cost forecasting summaries.
- Ensure that “as built” drawings are prepared on an ongoing basis by all trades during the construction period and issue final close outs to consultant/owner accordingly.
- Ensure all required municipal inspections are performed.
- Prepare and expedite project deficiency lists.
- B.Sc./HND in Civil Engineering
- Project management certification is a must
- Ten years or more of experience in supervising construction projects of increasing complexity.
- Experience in Piling
- Experience in handling multiple commercial building projects
- Experience in building on a large scale
- Previous working experience in top Nigeria construction company is an added advantage
- Willingness to relocate to any part of Nigeria
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Use of AutoCAD
- Sound knowledge of handling construction SLA
Please note, this role is open to EXPATRIATES only
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494023 to apply for this job .