Roles and responsibilities
- Developing concepts for advertising or promotional campaigns
- Marketing and pitching ideas to clients
- Present to directors if working in-house
- Negotiate with clients to amend ideas in line with their wishes and explain what is and is not possible
- Keep clients abreast of progress and answer their questions Storyboard or translate ideas to the creative team of art directors and designers
- Lead multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines
- Evaluate and, if necessary alter, the content of projects before completion
- Hire, develop and manage the creative team
- Ensure all the organisation’s or client’s visuals are consistent with the overall brand
- Steer or write scripts
- Oversee photo or TV shoots
- Select external suppliers when necessary
- Sign off projects before they are presented to the client
- Creativity skills: First and foremost, creative directors must be good at creating concepts for others to work on. The Creative Director must have a keen awareness of current trends in advertising and graphic design
Required skill set
- Communication and presentation skills: Must have excellent communication (written and verbal) and confident presentation skills in order to pitch ideas to clients or directors and also explain their ideas to members of their creative team.
- Interpersonal skills: Excellent interpersonal skills are a must and a clear creative vision while remaining open to others’ ideas.
- Leadership skills: Creative directors need leadership skills in order to hire, develop and oversee their creative team.
- Digital and graphic design skills: Extensive knowledge of graphic design and relevant software is vital. Familiarity with film-making techniques is very useful.
- Video editing, copywriting and HTML skills are usually needed. Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, PowerPoint and other programs is usually (but not always) required. HTML, PHP and other Web experience is quickly becoming required of Creative Directors
- A solid background or experience in copywriting and/or design and art direction
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends
- Travel often required
- Knowledge of each step of an ad campaign's process to give creative direction, work on schedule and meet client's advertising expectations
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494005 to apply for this job .