Our client is one of the emerging management consulting firms in Nigeria. They offer a comprehensive range of services to corporate, commercial and individual customers both in Nigeria and via their intentional branch network.
Purpose of role
Our client is a top tier brand in the Nigerian Insurance Industry and we are in search of a high performing executive to join the governance team in the capacity of Executive Director, Non-Life Business. The successful candidate will be actively involved in growing revenue for the business segment, ensure team productivity and enhance technical innovation and efficiency. The individual shall be highly visionary, maintain a positive attitude and ensure that the culture of service is embodied by self and replicated across the team.
- The successful candidate shall be responsible for leading and supervising the Sales, Underwriting and Technical functions of the company. They shall be responsible and accountable to the Board of Directors through the Managing Director.
- Lead initiation and implementation of strategies and policies in accordance with board approved priorities for the technical and sales directorate. Generate business growth opportunities by developing and managing key relationships for enhanced revenue performance.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions as well as monitor markets, industries and companies for potential business opportunities or threats.
- Provide sound underwriting philosophies and discipline across all company business lines and demonstrate operational effectiveness in dealing with claims in accordance with company regulations aimed at meeting customer expectations
- Accountable for effective implementation of and adherence to established obligations, contracts and other underwriting commitments, annually design, implement and manage underwriting authority, guidelines and approval thresholds.
- Responsible for all technical regulatory compliance requirements as set by the National Insurance Commission. Provide direct oversight for day to day operations of sales, policy administration and general insurance operations functions.
- Ensure that corporate objectives are met by paying close attention to underwriting profit, business retention & sales revenue.
- Ensure continuous development and implementation of process improvement practices to promote increased quality of service so that the division can meet and exceed expectations
- A first degree, preferably in insurance, actuarial science, mathematics, finance or a related discipline from a reputable institution.
- Professional Insurance qualifications i.e. ACII, FCIIN or its equivalent. A masters’ degree in any relevant field will be an added advantage.
- 15+ years’ experience in Technical and Business Development role
- Must have functioned for a minimum of five (5) years in an Executive Leadership capacity
- Must possess executive presence matched with a high level of creativity and innovativeness. Must be a seasoned sales person with a predisposition to building and managing relationships. Must possess an above average proficiency in the use of modern day technology-based service delivery tools.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/493887 to apply for this job .