A high profile Primary School located in the Ikeja area of Lagos requires the service of a Music Teacher
Preferred candidate must
- Teach skills in music understanding/appreciation, harmony, explorations in music and choral music to elementary pupils.
- Plan/execute a balanced music program and organizes class time so that preparation, rehearsal and instruction can be accomplished within the allotted time.
- Provide individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the music curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Encourage students to develop individual musical skills to the greatest extent possible.
- Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature, including traditional and contemporary that are appropriate for the ages and skill levels of pupils.
- Maintain care/responsibility for school-owned music, musical instruments and equipment to prevent loss or abuse.
- Make minor adjustments and requests repairs to instruments as required.
- Evaluate each pupil’s musical growth, performance, and musical understanding.
- Assess each individual’s contribution to the performance of the group.
- First good degree in a related discipline Master degree in a related discipline will be an added advantage
- 2- 5 years experience in a similar role in a school
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/493714 to apply for this job .