The Global Health Supply Chain - Procurement and Supply Management Project is a USAID program implemented by SAII Associates Ltd. /Gte., an associated company of Chemonics International Inc. in Nigeria. The purpose of the Project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of U.S. government-funded public health initiatives throughout the world.
The Program Manager will assist with program monitoring and support across technical and administrative teams for effective implementation.
The Program Manager will report to the Country Director.
- Manages day-to-day support to the GHSC-PSM Country Director, including communicating and assisting with home-office and Mission requests, in close coordination with the field office Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Appropriately consults with Country Director and the home-office Country Team to help make informed decisions.
- In consultation with Project leadership and technical leads, assists in maintaining up-do-date overarching project tracking tools including but not limited to the Incident Report Tracker, a Program Tracker, and the detailed Team Trackers.
- Assists with monitoring activity implementation and reminding relevant team members of activity timelines.
- Identifies issues or potential risks and makes informed decisions on how to address the issues, communicating, when appropriate, with the Country Director and SMT.
- In consultation with the Country Director, assists with the facilitation of meetings both internally and externally by organizing and scheduling business meetings as assigned: ensuring conference rooms and other venues are reserved; and coordinating transportation if necessary to meeting venues.
- Assists in taking meeting notes during business meetings, developing/disseminating to the appropriate responsible parties any follow up action items from meetings, and following up with relevant parties to ensure implementation of the project activities are in line with the meeting takeaways.
- Attend team and other technical and administrative meetings as assigned; in consultation with supervisory staff, prepare and circulate in advance meeting agendas: prepare and circulate draft minutes of meetings; and following review by supervisory staff, revise and circulate Finalized minutes (after review as appropriate> including follow-up on outstanding tasks identified during the meeting.
- Reviews and provides comments on project technical work and project reports, if/as needed.
- Performs all tasks and responsibilities demonstrating behaviors associated with Chemonics’ values and competencies at all levels in the company.
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations.
- Assist Project leadership and technical leads and other project staff with other administrative tasks as needed.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or HND or equivalent in Public Administration, Public Health, Social Sciences, Management, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of project management or relevant work experience providing program support in health-related programs (with an international NGO preferred).
- Excellent computer skills - good knowledge of MS Office applications
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with a USAID funded contract or grant is a significant plus.
- Able to understand and follow specific instructions with a keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing in English.
- Demonstrated ability to fellow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision on work progress, and make significant contribution to end results.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem-solving and initiative to learn new skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to travel outside Abuja
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet demanding timelines
- Strong organizational skills
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/493530 to apply for this job .