We are a new Nigerian / African cuisine quick service restaurant brand in Nigeria and we are looking for a Chef who is creative and proficient in all aspects of food preparation. The Chef will be responsible for creating high quality meals and dining experience for customers by preparing and serving attractive, nutritious and palatable meals consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures and best practices.
- Develop , document , update and analyze recipes
- Plan menus and ensures consistency in taste and portion sizes of final products.
- Supervise and participate in cooking and the preparation of food.
- Estimate quantities of required food ingredients and kitchen supplies.
- Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays
- Schedule and coordinate the work of cooks and other kitchen employees to ensure that food preparation is of stipulated quality and within budgeted labor cost goals
- Maintain kitchen sanitation and safety standards, ensuring that all work/storage areas are clean, free of hazards and properly arranged
- Assist in establishing controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft
- Assist in food/ supply ordering and budgeting
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Hire, train, and supervise cooks and other food preparation workers
- Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of OND
- Additional qualifications in commercial food handling/ preparation will be an added advantage
- 2 - 3 years’ relevant experience in a restaurant or hotel setting
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A passion for food and menu innovations
- Excellent cooking skills with ability to prepare several dishes (local and pastries)
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment/ under pressure
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- A good eye for detail
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/493411 to apply for this job .