Babban Gona is a high impact, financially sustainable and highly scalable agricultural social enterprise that is part-owned by the farmers we serve. We developed and grew the agricultural franchise model with our partners that include our Board Chairman His Highness Muhammad Sanusi II (the Emir of Kano), Nestle, DfID, AGRA, BMGF, Skoll, GIZ, USAID and Rockefeller Foundation amongst others. We franchise hundreds of mini farmer cooperatives, across Northern Nigeria using an innovative and internationally recognized agricultural franchise model.
As a for-profit entity, Babban Gona utilizes a private sector channel for cost effective delivery of enhanced agricultural technologies and end-to-end services to small holder farmers. We optimize yields and labor productivity for our small holder farmers, while simultaneously improving their market access.
To date, Babban Gona has recorded great success by:
- Working directly with over 12,600 small holder farmers
- Impacting over 70,000 rural households with access to healthy food
- Financing over 12,000 ha of land
- Disbursing over 16,000 profitable loans to rural farmers with a 99.9% repayment loan
- Increasing small holder net income by 2.3x the national average
- Increasing small holder yields by 3.5x the national average
- Growing 125x within the last 5 years
- Being a leader in innovative agricultural insurance products geared towards small holder farmers.
- Launching Nigeria’s first social impact bond, Raise out of Poverty Bond (ROPO) aimed at providing small holder farmers with the required capital for business growth and success
About the Position:
The Finance Analyst position is an entry level position for an intellectually curious and hardworking individual seeking an opportunity in a fast paced internationally recognized social enterprise. The selected individual will be exposed to the entire business, with the opportunity to work directly with leaders in the industry.
Join us to change Nigeria into a country in which 1 million small holders farmers by 2025 are able to transition from subsistence farming to commercial farming, and agriculture becomes the basis for security and employment.
- Collect and monitor operational data to determine costs of operations and establish standard costs.
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting financial data
- Maintain day- to-day general ledger accounting by entering, verifying and backing up data.
- Support costs analysis process, implement financial policies provide trends and forecast analysis to management.
- Provide creative solutions to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Conduct financial processes and procedures, prepare reports and supporting documents and provide regular updates to Finance Team.
- Consult with the finance team to guide and influence long term strategic thinking
- Review monthly expenses to ensure that expenses are booked correctly and work with the finance team to make any necessary reclassification.
- Analyze data to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them.
- Management of account payables and receivables
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking, Business or Economics
- 1-3 years’ work experience with accounting and/or related finance experience
- Understanding of IFRS Accounting Standards
- Proficient in Excel Spreadsheets, MS Office and Financial Software applications
- Bear strong analytical skills
- Very good oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude towards work
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to relate with people from different backgrounds
- Willingness to travel in Nigeria and across Africa
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary and benefits are competitive, commensurate with experience.
All interested candidates send resume and cover letter
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/493170 to apply for this job .