Key Duties &Responsibilities
- Oversees all treasury activities including banking, investment, derivative management, debt issuance, and liquidity management.
- Ensures the strategies comply with relevant statutes, regulations, and policies including the Risk Management Policy guidelines, the IFRS guidelines, etc.
- The CFO is responsible for the company's present financial condition, so he or she decides how to invest the company's money, taking into consideration risk and liquidity.
- The CFO oversees the capital structure of the company, determining the best mix of debt, equity and internal financing..
Economic strategy and forecasting –
- Not only is the CFO responsible for a company's past and present financial situation, he or she is also an integral part of a company's financial future.
- The CFO identifies and reports what areas of a company are most efficient and how the company can capitalize on this information. This aspect of duties also includes economic forecasting and modeling - in other words, trying to predict (given multiple scenarios) the best way to ensure the company's success in the future.
- Keeps abreast of current market and industry issues, regulations and policies, and maintains relationships with the dealer community, regulators and industry trade groups.
- Contributes to strategic planning, supports corporate initiatives, and keeps abreast of critical issues in other departments/divisions.
- Develops the annual budget with inputs from the other departments. Controls and monitors the budget performance.
- Preparing financial reports to be submitted to the regulators timely; Reviews and approves all financial reports
- The CFO controls the cash flow position of the company, understand the sources and uses of cash, and maintain the integrity of funds, securities and other valuable documents. This duty includes the authority to establish accounting policies and procedures for credit and collections, purchasing, payment of bills, and other financial obligations.
- Reviews all vouchers and invoices for those cheques which require his/her signature. Authorizes all interbank transfers, Reviews all bank reconciliations
- Reviews and approves the payroll summary for the correct payee, and the amount
- Approves all reimbursements
- Manages the assets accounts.
- Approves cash advances and ensures that the advances are properly retired.
- Approves and manages the petty cash.
- Advice the MD and management
Qualification and Experience
- 7-10 years Experience
- A degree in Accounting, finance or other related field
- A professional qualification is essential e.g. ACCA, ACA
- Masters in Accounting or Finance is also an added advantage
- CFA qualification is also desirable
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/493152 to apply for this job .