The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and site levels.
- The MNCH Program Officer (PO) at the central, regional or state level and to be occupied by staff with a medical and or midwifery background.
- The MNCH PO is also expected to spend 40% of his/her time in the office and 60% on supervisory and advocacy activities, programmatic support to the implementation of HIV/AIDS prevention activities of the Institute of Human Virology programme, including sexual prevention (HCT, Abstinence, Be faithful [AB] and Condoms and other prevention and Key Affected Population), medical prevention ( injection safety/health care waste management, community based organizations and Community mobilization activities.
- He/she will supervise and coordinate all relevant activities for all community prevention activities through effective supervision of staff and effective project management to meet program targets.
- Assist in the development and adaptation of guidelines, tools and other relevant materials for use in the national scale up of PMTCT activities in IHVN-supported sites in Nigeria.
- Assist in development of program strategies, work plans and their implementation for effective operations of the hub and spoke model of scale up.
- Ensure smooth operations and coordination of PMTCT activities at the regional/state offices.
- Forecast and request for PMTCT commodities such as care kits and Mama Packs.
- Co-ordinate, track progress, review results and address PMTCT challenges
- Mentor doctors, nurses, mentor mothers to provide quality care to HIV+ pregnant women.
- Create a sustainable PMTCT team that includes Traditional Birth Attendants to deliver overall quality health care to HIV+ pregnant women.
- Ensure that the facility operates a functional and efficient client flow system.
- Identify barriers to PMTCT and proffer solutions to these challenges.
- Assist and undertake needs assessments of new sites as required.
- Facilitate and coordinate all trainings sessions organized for site health care workers.
- Provide technical assistance to site and community staff through precepting, monitoring and mentoring.
- Facilitate and coordinate the activities of Infant Feeding Counseling activities and training of health care workers at all IHVN supported sites in Nigeria.
- Facilitate effective linkages within thematic groups and overall community linkages.
- Report all activities to the Program Area Lead and the Director, Community Health department.
- Adhere and abide by the ethics and code of conduct of the Institute.
- MBBS, Basic Midwifery and/or any other post graduate Certificate in Midwifery & Nursing, with excellent computer skills are required. Also required is at least 3 years working experience with participation in both clinical and community PMTCT activities. An MPH will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of personalities is necessary.
- Ability to clearly explain available PMTCT services.
- Community outreach and engagement talents.
- Clear understanding of the health system, PHC structure and HIV/AIDS.
- Supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening PHCs, local health structures and building local capacities for self-management
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/492965 to apply for this job .