Nigeria Education Crisis Response is a USAID-funded project aimed at supporting Adamawa, Bauchl, Borno, Gombe and Yobe states to expand access to quality, relevant non-formal education and alternative education opportunities for internally displaced persons (lDP) children, as well as out- of-school children in host communities, aged 6 to 17 at target locations.
The Community Mobilization Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Community Mobilization/NGO Capacity Building Officer in implementing activities to Increase community awareness and support of schooling In targeted non-formal education and alternative education learning center communities in Borno.
This includes implementing a small grants program to enable CSOs to establish community coalitions and learning centers, building the capacity of CSOs and executing awareness campaigns to strengthen the community's demand for education.
- Assist in establishment and training of new Community Coalitions or other local education support groups and committees.
- Support In providing partner CSO5 in Borno with day-to-day mentoring on project design, implementation, and monitoring.
- Supports the consistent application of training materials to strengthen CSO organizational management, HR and financial systems and provide technical support in community mobilization.
- Assist in Coordinating donor, stakeholder, and field staff visits to CSO5 and communities in Bomb.
- Carry out any other related work that may be assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- High School diploma required, BA degree highly desired. Must have 2+ years of general work experience
- Must have 2+ years of specifically related experience In managing community engagement campaigns, preferably in the education sector -
- Experience with international organizations’ community grants mechanisms
- In-depth understanding of the role of clvii society In development
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Display cultural, gender, religion and age sensitivity and adaptability.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/492380 to apply for this job .