MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
- Drive and direct the strategy, design, and optimization of MTNN’s radio (2G, 3G, 4G) coverage, quality and capacity in order to provide adequate radio network capacity, good grade/ level of service and good overall network quality to enable higher revenue generation and excellent customer experience.
- Ensure optimization Vendors carry out the tasks set out in the contracts to consistently achieve Quality of Service KPI’s.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy.
- Serve MTNN’s customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Define radio optimization strategy and policies, develop and standardize generic network parameter setting s for optimal performance
- Continuously optimize radio/network parameters and evaluate new features/software to enhance customer experience, quality and capacity management.
- Develop effective methodologies in conjunction with MS vendors to effectively detect, manage and resolve network exceptions to minimize impact on customer experience.
- Ensure the radio network is designed and performs in a cost effective way to achieve NWG’s 366 or other guiding rollout/operational strategy (such as 30% headroom) as determined by NWG top management.
- Continuously track network changes and scan for discrepancies between planned (intended) and actual.
- Achieve and surpass regulatory KPI’s for all radio network technologies.
- Produce and manage annual OPEX and CAPEX budget plan for Radio Frequency (RF) Optimization.
- Ensure that MTN Nigeria’s radio network design and optimization strategy is in line with European Telecommunications Standards Institute’s (ETSI) standards for GSM network design.
- Define methods and authorize access levels and privileges on network optimization tools and support systems.
- Track and enhance radio network traffic handling capability, in order to enhance network efficiency and revenue generation capability.
- Identify, evaluate and track the development needs and performance of team members, providing opportunities for staff to build on the company’s investment in their training and improve productivity.
- Ensure adequate proactive monitoring, analysis and tuning of network is being done by managed services Vendors as at when due.
- Ensure Optimisation resources have adequate tools to effectively track and manage changes implemented by managed services Vendors.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of competitor quality, capacity and performance.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Coach and train RF Optimization team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- Masters advantageous
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- A first degree in Electrical/Electronic or related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years working experience.
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Minimum of six (6) years’ experience on radio network planning and optimization in dynamic telecoms operator environment.
- Experience working in/with radio network managed service vendors
- Experience dealing with vendors/suppliers on technical and commercial issues
- Extensive experience on 2G, 3G, 4G Radio Network Planning, Optimization & rollout program management.
- Experience in coverage area planning, radio capacity dimensioning and performance monitoring, statistical analysis and reporting
- Relevant GSM / 3G /4G Technical Training.
- Relevant Planning, Forecasting & data analysis trainings.
- Business Planning, Financial Evaluation and business feasibility reporting
- Financial Management
- New technologies seminar / training
- Vendor/Contract management training
- People management training
BEng, BTech or HND
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/491806 to apply for this job .