Responsible for the short, medium and long term growth of Pharmaceutical (Ethical & OTC) product sales in line with company’s growth agenda and driving the productivity, effectiveness and efficiency of the sales/marketing team
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Identify sales and market share improvement opportunities.
- Develop operational plans and objectives.
- Coordinates and controls operations.
- Achieves agreed revenue and profit objectives.
- Develop modalities for competitive product portfolio realignment
- Direct organization competitive pricing mechanism
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
Identify sales and market share improvement opportunities
Benchmarking, monitoring and analyzing results and variances, and where ever possible, implementing improvements to existing standards, levels of productivity or systems
Developing essential quality and service standards and measurement criteria.
Building effective relationships with all major stakeholders in the business -
- Board and top management
- Sales team
- The public
- The media
Exploring and developing new markets/channels, exploiting geographical, new product, niche marketing or innovative distribution opportunities within agreed plans.
Develop operational plans and objectives.
- Establishing and communicating a Mira value system.
- Identifying both short-term and long-range issues
- Collecting and analyzing relevant market information
- Establishing business and economic trends as it relates/impacts the business
- Identifying options, agreeing priorities and setting objectives in alignment with the MD/board
- Developing action plans with field sales team
- Implementing and enforcing planning and reporting schedules and narratives
- Propose and align on Sales and Marketing budgets with MD/board
- Gaining approval from MD/Board of the annual and 3-year turnover, operational plans and forecasts
Coordinates and controls operations
- Developing and implementing effective and competitively advantaged commercial strategy to drive aggressive market penetration
- Draw up the framework for disciplined implementation of the agreed strategy
- Resolving issues of market supply constraints
- Facilitating marketing initiatives in liaison with MD
- Monitoring variances from set target and holding reps accountable for results.
- Ensuring that resources and logistical inputs which are required in terms of agreed business plans are available when needed
- Enforcing compliance with corporate policies and systems, particularly with regards to retail execution standards and customer care
- Arrange for regular reviews of the sales force, ensuring that they meet company targets and that a workable recovery plan is deployed where targets are missed
- Evaluating and reporting results
Achieve agreed growth objectives
- Developing an effective team of sales reps who are skilled, motivated and committed to achieving excellent results
- Implementing best team management strategies mindful of regular performance appraisals, individual accountability, training needs and company growth agenda
- Anticipating future trends and devising suitable structures for maintaining efficient operations over the long term
- Implementing measures to correct deviations from set targets and plans
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- Volume growth – Key focus on OTC offerings
- Market Share
REQUIRED SKILL SET
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical competence
- Result driven / result driving
- Relationship management (internal / external)
- Advanced degree such as MBA/M.Sc. will be an advantage
- Practical experience will outweigh years of experience
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/491800 to apply for this job .