Cummins Inc., a global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 54,600 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 7,200 dealer locations.
- Diagnoses and completes less complex repairs to engines at the customer’s site.
- Engages customers in a courteous and professional manner. Anticipates and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
- Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete less complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on engine and related components in the field.
- Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Supervisor.
- Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Identifies additional service opportunities with customer.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements.
- Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to site management and to their supervisor.
- Skill Level A
- Level II Technician plus:
- Ability to train Service Personnel to develop their diagnostic skills
- Able to identify opportunities for work process improvements and recommend appropriate action
- Able to develop and maintain productive working relationships
- Ability to prepare reports providing feedback on service interventions
- Skill Level B
Skill Level A plus:
- Ability to identify and resolve engine system failures relating to and impacted by component failure
- Ability to guide / coach other service technicians through complex service interventions and diagnostic issues
- Can resolve complex technical problems
- Ability to identify and up sell further service and repair opportunities.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
- Locally valid driving permit (Preferred)
- Advanced level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
- Experience providing technical advice and coaching to more junior technicians (preferred)
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/491773 to apply for this job .