Canon's been innovating and providing imaging solutions since 1937 and we've consistently ranked among the world's top companies for patent registrations over the last 30 years.
Canon has now delivered pioneering imaging technologies in Europe for over 50 years as a subsidiary of Canon Inc. of Japan and our solutions are commonly found in diverse markets including Business Solutions, Consumer Imaging, Broadcast Communications, Medical Systems and Industrial Applications.
Our iconic Consumer and Professional Imaging Solutions include leading-edge photographic equipment, printers, scanners and binoculars as well as our advanced range of Digital Compact and DSLR cameras.
Our comprehensive Business Solutions offer a portfolio of print and document solutions for small and medium businesses, large corporations and governments, and our Industrial Products Unit offers unique solutions to markets including medical, optical, broadcast and IT multinationals.
Job Purpose and Summary:
The purpose of this role is to represent Canon in the country for enhancement of business, improvement of distribution coverage and improved brand visibility in the Channel.
This role is based in Nigeria and is covering Nigeria B2B.
What we give
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
- Monthly purchase, sales and stock (PSS) exercise with the partners
- Partner/ area performance reporting to sales manager
- Providing weekly sales forecast to SPM/SM in line with the agreed budget
- Developing N+2 sales forecast with partners
- Developing and analyzing competition price map
- Developing country product MASH
- Tier-2 Management
- Relationship building with Tier-2 dealers
- Branding and display at shop floor
- Promotion plan, deals and offers
- Estimating market size and product MASH
- Channel and account mapping
- Sell-out data collection and analysis
- Channel/ account sales strategy
- Any other relevant competition information in the market
- Training to Tier-1 and Tier-2 sales staff
- Merchandiser training
- Channel and dealer seminars
- Channel and account wise marketing activity calendar
- Liaise with CME Marketing/Corporate communication to ensure all activities at Tier 2 to be in line with the Canon’s corporate guidelines.
- Contribute to creation of localized POS by participating in POS creation meetings with Product Managers and Marketing.
- Co-ordinate the execution of projects assigned by the Line Manager, within company policy, in order to meet the agreed quality standards and time line
What we ask
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We're looking for creative problem-solvers like you, somone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
- Excellent diplomatic/negotiation skills. – essential
- High level of presentation skills for internal and external customers.
- Excellent Market knowledge and willingness to be “Closer to Market.
- Excellent Analytical & reporting skills
- Highly driven and results oriented, aggressive approach to winning business
Previous Experience/ Education
- Relevant recognized formal qualifications (university level) - desirable
- Strong B2B sales experience with proven track record and success- essential
- Minimum of 6 to 10 years’ experience in a similar international or regional sales role (with a similar company, national distributor ) – very desirable
- Background and knowledge of local market environments – essential
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local language - essential
- Familiarity with MS Office applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint - essential
You will need
- Customer focus - develop relationship with the distributor and the channel in the market.
- Ability to deliver results through proper planning and execution of strategies as discussed with line manager, team and partners.
- Good communication skills in order to represent CME strategies in the market from time to time.
- Ability to negotiate and influence T2 partners in line with company direction.
- Ability to collect and analyze market information and work on action plans derived from this data.
- Should also possess the ability to think out of the box and look for new opportunities to enhance business.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/491770 to apply for this job .