Stransage Engineers Limited was established by professionals with vision and desire for excellence. The company has successfully based its business philosophy on providing its clients with the highest degree of quality, professional service hinged on integrity, fairness and respect for others in all aspects of its operations.
Stransage Engineers Limited is a Nigerian indigenous company, poised to be Nigeria’s main hub for Onshore and Offshore Piping Stress Engineering Services with Training and Local Capacity Development for complete Engineering Services in Line System categorization, from simplified flexibility check to detailed and comprehensive stress analysis of piping and pipeline systems using some of the best software in the industry, piping supports design, finite element analysis, static & rotating equipment design, piping & layout engineering, subsea & offshore engineering, training & manpower development.
The Offshore Electrical & instrument (E&I) Inspector, reports to the Construction Superintendent. The position plays an important role in electrical equipment and instrument installation, hook-up, testing, mechanical completion and pre-commissioning of the E&I systems on Topside facility of the platform. The person must be knowledgeable in E&I design for the offshore oil/gas processing facility and extensive experience in field installation, hook-up, FAT/SAT of E&I, control systems and preparing the systems through mechanical completion and pre-commissioning. Knowledge of oil/gas production, processing and produced water treatment is required and experience with NORSOK offshore engineering & construction codes and standards will be an advantage. The position is responsible for monitoring/supervising EPC Contractor work is executed in compliance with the applicable codes and standards, technical requirements of the project.
- Review project specifications and work procedures to ensure EPC contractor’s inspection, testing and procedural are in compliance and aligned with Client’s requirements.
- Perform quality audit and to verify work activities are in accordance with the approved Project Quality Plan.
- Regular review and update on status of quality issues.
- Attend to Witness and Hold point inspections of approved Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs)
- Attend to witness system FAT in supplier shop and SAT during pre-commissioning
- Report non-conformities and disposition follow-up on corrective actions
- Monitor and surveillance of cables and cable tray routing, installation and terminations to junction boxes and panels are in compliance with the applicable codes and standards.
- Monitor and verify through surveillance of EPC contractor work in electrical and instrument equipment installation, hook-up, loop checking and functional testing are in compliance with the technical requirements for the project.
- Monitor to ensure Contractor’s documentation is compiled progressively as required and of acceptable quality
- Daily surveillance reporting and submission of weekly report of Contractor’s work.
- Provide technical advice in project technical meetings on resolution of quality/construction related issues.
- Assist in administrating Quality Control Program.
- Issue Non-conformance Reports when there is a deficiency and ensure their timely close out.
- Minimum 10-year experience in E&I system installation, hook-up, functional testing, mechanical completion and pre-commissioning of the systems for oil/gas processing facility
- Good understanding in design of safety instrumented system and control system for offshore oil/gas processing facility
- Minimum 10 year experience of construction / completion of offshore oil & gas projects and relevant QC experience
- Conversant in International Codes and Standards (API, ASME, ASTM, IEC, NFPA, etc.), NORSOK requirements in the oil/gas industry
- Experience working with EPC type contracts.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/491596 to apply for this job .