Abt Associates - The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
- Abt Associates seeks a qualified Technical Finance Advisor / Health Finance Advisor 10 to support the International Health Division in Nigeria.
- The Abt led 5-year USAID-funded Health Finance and Governance project (HFG) provides technical assistance in health systems strengthening around the world. In Nigeria, HFG works with four States – Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Lagos States to strengthen their health systems and boost health outcomes by improving financing for health and HIV/AIDS through domestic resource mobilization, enhancing governance and supporting health financing reforms.
- The project anticipates two new streams of work; the Sustainable Health Financing (SFI) initiative in Lagos and Rivers state and the HPN RMNCH project in Cross River, Bauchi and Sokoto states. These projects will aim to increase the mobilization of domestic resources for HIV/AIDS and RMNCH activities respectively.
- HFG seeks a health financing technical advisor on two anticipated health financing projects. S/He will work closely with the senior health financing technical advisor (SHFA) and chief of party (COP) to provide technical contribution towards the design and implementation of HFG Nigeria health financing technical assistance. S/He shall also contribute to technical strategies and ensure that these effectively address priority needs in support of the health financing arrangements in our states of operation.
- While it is anticipated that the health financing technical advisor will be able to work with minimal supervision, s/he is expected to work closely with the senior health financing technical advisor and report to the chief of party.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the SHFA and COP to:
- Provide technical assistance and coordinate activities of consultants towards successful completion of health care financing core diagnostics in supported states;
- Support formation of health care financing technical working groups and provide start-up technical support towards optimal function of the TWGs;
- Provide technical support towards the design of evidence based and context-appropriate health care financing policy and strategy at both national and state level;
- Lead evidence based advocacy and technical support towards passage of state supported health insurance bill by the State Houses of Assembly;
- Represent HFG at health care financing fora at state and national level including but not limited to health care financing TWGs;
- Contribute to documentation of HFG’s health care financing lessons learned success stories and publishable articles;
- Write and submit detailed and good quality weekly and monthly activities report using agreed templates;
- Contribute to health care financing sections of Abt proposal writing; and
- Participate in other project related activities as advised by the COP
- Health Financing core diagnostic reports;
- Established Health Financing Technical Working Groups across the states;
- Workshop reports, Weekly updates, Monthly reports and Quarterly reports
- Knowledge Management documents including success stories and publishable articles
- Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Master's degree in Health Systems, Health Economics, Health Policy & Management or a related advanced degree relevant to the field of Public Health;
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience and progressively increasing responsibility in the area of health care financing in Nigeria
- Good understanding of health care financing policy direction , initiatives, opportunities and stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with donors, project stakeholders, in-country collaborators and staff at all levels of the organization; and
- Good oral and writing communication skills.
- Minimum Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/491270 to apply for this job .