Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, DC., in 1927 by J Willard and Alice S Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
- Renaissance bartenders have the knowledge and passion to create intriguing, indigenous, and delicious cocktails.
- They have the basics down, but are constantly on the look-out for new trends, micro-local offerings, and guests’ evolving needs.
- The Renaissance bartender is not just a beverage enthusiast, but also the host of the space.
- The bartenders will use their knowledge and expertise to make the bar look and function flawlessly. He or she builds relationships with others across the hotel (from housekeeping, to parking, to the Navigator, and beyond) and in the community, to anticipate and deliver on our guests’ needs.
- This individual should be passionate about the guest service experience, but also have an eye for detail – from the money that moves through their hands, to the information they provide to guests, to the accuracy of their reports.
- No matter what position you are in, there are a few things that are critical to success:
- making sure you have a safe work environment, following company policies and procedures, ensuring your uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintaining confidentiality, and protecting company assets.
- As a bartender, you’ll be on your feet and moving around (stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time) and taking a hands-on approach to your work (move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance). You’ll need to make sure you have everything you need when you need it (reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping).
- Doing all these things well (and other things that come your way) is the foundation of the job. Ultimately, the real hallmark of the Bartender role is driving a best-in-class guest experience, inspiring guests and ambassadors alike to live life to discover.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/491247 to apply for this job .