A self starter. Professional. You take pride in your work and your achievements. You’re a hardworking, problem solver. Increasing farmer yields and improving quality – these are your watchwords. You are ready to take your career to the next level by joining Olam Nigeria’s Cocoa Sustainability Team.
Cocoa Sustainability, Agricultural Extension Services, Operations Management, Capacity Building, Project Management
Qualifications & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Agriculture, Forestry or Development – Critical / Essential
- Masters degree Agriculture, Forestry, Development or Environment related field. Essential
- At least 5 years post - graduate work experience in Sustainability, Agriculture or Development programs. Essential
- Management experience Essential
- Training experience Essential
- Gender and impact on agriculture and cocoa Desirable
- Climate smart systems in agriculture Desirable
- Candidates with cocoa sector experience in two or all of the following: certification systems, agricultural extension, cooperative formation / management will be at an advantage. Desirable
- Excellent English language oral and written communication and facilitation skills. Critical / Essential
- Team oriented with good inter-personal skills Essential
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office - Word and Excel Critical
- Ability to work under pressure with conflicting priorities and multiple deadlines. Essential
- Drivers License Critical
- Weekly budget preparation for field activities in line with Annual Workplans using agreed and set transport rates.
- Disbursement of physical cash to staff going into the field.
- Manage and monitor group assets and equipment.
- Prepare Annual Workplans in conjunction with management and in line with programming priorities.
- Prepare forecasts for annual inputs.
- Lead in the establishment and further development of Demonstration Farms.
- Submit regular written reports on Group activities – weekly/monthly and as required.
- Coordinate, Supervise, Reinforce and Monitor agricultural extension activities of direct reports in the field.
- Deliver training to staff, farmers and other value chain actors as per the Annual Workplan.
- Liaise with and provide support to Farmer Group / Cooperative Executive Committees.
- Liaise with, build and maintain stakeholder relationships as identified and appropriate.
Staff Management and Development
- Supervise and mentor direct reports.
- Contribute to staff development / amending of job descriptions, person specifications as and when necessary.
- Support the professional development of direct reports by providing clear feedback and learning opportunities.
- Assess performance and identify development needs of direct reports through weekly and monthly check-ins and annual appraisals. Feedback line management issues to Management for advice and guidance.
- Monitoring, Accountability and Evaluation
- Prepare and submit required inputs for project narrative reports, quarterly performance data as well as any other reports required.
- Prepare short stories and briefs on innovation/ best practices and project learning.
- Champion and mainstream use of experiential diaries by direct reports in the field as means to monitor performance, accountability and promote learning and best practice.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with this position.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/491188 to apply for this job .