Active Voices tackles critical issues paramount to health and development. Through advocacy, research, partnerships and program interventions, we improve the health and rights of children, youths, women and girls.
We are non-governmental; pro-girl; a pro-women and pro-youth organization with a focus on sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), education, gender equity and gender-based violence (GBV).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Program Coordinator in in the preparation of project outputs that relate to the implementation of program activities, such as progress reports, briefings, presentations.
- Assist Program Coordinator in developing and designing the organization’s work plan, programs, projects and activities in line with the set goals and objectives.
- Assist Program Coordinator coordinating the implementation, mentoring, supervision and evaluation of programs and projects of the organization.
- Track and compile stories on gender-based violence
- Liaise with other units to write and produce programmatic reports of programmes, projects and activities of the organization monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Provide administrative and substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, workshops, identifying participants, follow-up and coordination with participants and invitees, support logistic arrangements.
- Coordinate staff meeting, prepare agendas and takes minutes of meetings as required.
- Carry out other relevant duties as may be required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Key Competencies:
- A minimum of a university degree or its equivalent in Public Health or any Social or Health Science related fields.
- Proficiency in the use of the Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point programmes is essential
- Intermediate research skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, incl. excellent spoken and written communication and presentation skills, team and networking skills are essential
- Evidence of ability to think strategically; to express ideas clearly; to work independently and in teams; candidate should be able to demonstrate a sense of cultural and gender sensitivity.
- Creativity, attention to detail and efficient delivery methods.
- Additional Advantageous Competencies:
- Understanding of NGO's operation, best practices and market trends
- A strong commitment to development and humanitarian service
- Prior volunteer experience
- Knowledge of Infographic Development
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490977 to apply for this job .