Talent Bureau - Our client is a Multinational Company, a major player and leader in the Food Production, Consumer Goods and Food & Beverage Industry.
Role Context & Responsibilities:
The P2M Project Manager is responsible for the delivery of all NPD and EPD projects for all brands from the Project Definition stage through to the Launch and Post Launch Review stages. The P2M Project Manager will deliver high-level project management leadership within the dynamic, complex and fast changing international environment. The Project Manager should have experience of successfully delivering projects within the Innovation and Product to Market business processes.
The role has responsibility for actions related to the commercialization process, and product and package changes within the brand portfolio. It involves the management of multi-functional project teams to deliver new product innovations, and product to market solutions from concept to launch within agreed time lines, costs, scope, quality and regulatory parameters.
This role ensures that key business KPIs (volume, revenue, agreed hurdle rates, TGC%) and appropriate rigour (consumer insights and robust volume forecasting) are adhered to in the management of projects.
The role ensures that appropriate Functional Leads take the required decisions and have input into the projects as appropriate. The P2M Manager manages the risks, raises issues and resource constraints, and reports to the greater Business for best resolutions to achieve business objectives.
In addition to Project leadership and activation, the Project Manager is expected to have a good understanding of the complexity of an export business and must work within International “ways of working” with all stakeholders across multiple functions and geographies.
- The P2M Project Manager is responsible for the delivery of designated NPD and EPD projects year on year, contributing to the overall growth agenda. Working with the core Marketing and Operations team, this role will ensure the successful delivery and launch from conception to market locally in Nigeria and across the West African countries, as applicable.
- The candidate on this role is likely to have about 10 – 15 active projects ongoing at any one time, many of which would be at different innovation pipeline stages and if launched, would require post launch tracking. Some projects would be simple in nature; others would be at different levels of complexity.
To ensure success on this role, the P2M Project Manager will be required to:
- Deliver the designated portfolio of NPD and EPD products for their markets on time, in full, within budget and with a ‘right first time’ approach.
- Effectively coordinate the roll out of key marketing and project activities as received from the global central team to the responsible local markets.
- Contribute to and support the ongoing funnel of innovation ideas for the Sub Sahara Africa markets to meet the volume and revenue targets.
- Manage and work within the international and region P2M Teams to ensure alignment and achievement of the P2M goals and objective.
- Build, develop and maintain strong working relationships with the central Marketing, Technical and Finance teams, local Brand Managers, respective Regional Managers, and the Operations team to deliver innovation project solutions.
- Manage cross functional teams to deliver international NPD and EPD successfully and to time.
- Leverage the innovation software platforms and processes to ensure accurate documentation and project management coordination for the different projects
- Ensure that the Project Information databases is up to date with all key project documentation, status information and headline news for their group of projects.
- Establish, develop and communicate project launch time lines; identify and communicate critical paths and key milestones for all NPD and EPD projects.
- Highlight project risks, if any, and provide clear and concise communication of impact of affected project deliverables to key stakeholders, including the Marketing Director, Operations Director, Country Managing Director and Region MD.
- Manage, record and report the budget for their group of initiatives within the framework.
- Coordinate and ensure compliance to the RGR process and timings for the portfolio of projects.
- Internal Stakeholders – Local & International:
- P2M Programme Manager (Line Manager)
- Marketing Director (Function Lead)
- Operations Director (Function Head)
- Marketing / Brand Managers
- Sales Managers
- Technical Team
- Manufacturing Team
- Regulatory & Compliance Team
- Packaging Team
- Supply Chain Team
- Procurement Manager
- Finance Team
- Project Managers
- Packaging design agencies / Creative agencies
- Reprographics suppliers
- Packaging suppliers
- Regulatory authorities (NAFDAC, SON)
- Distribution Centre
- Day to day decisions with project teams to progress projects
- Generation and implementation of solutions to resolve project issues on a daily basis.
- Sets priorities for own work
- Escalate appropriate issues to senior stakeholders, identifying causes, dependencies, implications, and key actions required for resolution
Qualification & Pre-requisites:
University Degree required (As an alternative, a Higher National Diploma (HND) would be considered if the candidate has the required level of experience or skills needed for this role)
Certification in Project Management would be an added advantage, but is not a pre-requisite
Mandatory: 5 – 8 years working experience
Mandatory: At least 3-4 years in a similar role with responsibility for managing the innovation pipeline
Desirable: At least 2 years in the food sector
Mandatory: FMCG experience is mandatory
Mandatory: Experience working in Nigeria
Desirable: Experience working in other West Africa countries would be an added advantage
English (Fluent in written and spoken)
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490735 to apply for this job .