Talent Bureau - Our client is a Multinational Company, a major player and leader in the Food Production, Consumer Goods and Food & Beverage Industry.
- Managing the purchase of raw and packaging, materials in line with the procurement policy.
- Managing supplier call offs, and monitoring contracts, agreements and relevant progress by checking the quality of goods and services provided.
- Drive the realization of savings, supply efficiency, quality, and process improvements in line with procurement policy.
- Continuously identify saving opportunities and initiate individual projects and initiatives at all operational levels
- Continuous improvement on supplier sourcings, managing and devoloping relations with suppliers.
- Drive the implementation of procurement policy and processes - supplier qualification, supplier management, supplier optimization & contract management to achieve organizational growth.
- To manage and control all proforma invoices, commercial invoices and bounded procedures and take necessary actions proactively for all purchasing activities and operations.
- To prepare annual budget prices for spend category and creating material forecasts.
- To master purchasing methods ( RFQ, tender, open/close bidding), evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors
- Managing and controlling all purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and other related documents on Microsoft Navision Module.
- Managing and supervising all the activities of the buyers and assistants.
- Ensuring payment of vendors for goods supplied or services rendered at the agreed payment terms.
- Resolution of operational issues with vendors/suppliers.
- Internal customer engagement and satisfaction
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders in the various business units to implement sourcing plan that guaranteed continuous flow of materials in the most cost effective and efficient way to support business needs.
- Minimum 5 years in operational and strategic procurement role (category management and sourcing) with exposure to supply chain management, complex strategic sourcing and optimal procurement processes and standards
- Demonstrated performance in working within cross-functional teams, with requisite drive and energy to ensure that a challenging benefits and capability building agenda is successfully delivered
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Navision ERP System
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably Engineering discipline)
- Strong management and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively/convincingly at all levels (including technical and operational) and with all functions at least in English.
- Highly effective time management, planning and organization skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and drive tasks to completion in a fixed time-frame and in a pressured environment.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and build relationships across multiple functions, and departments.
- Demonstrated broad understanding of the content, processes and delivery channels in the field of the assigned categories.
- Ability to deal with ambiguities, conflicts and adversarial relationships.
- Expert negotiation skills.
- Ability to assess potential and risks associated with supplier and market changes, and integrate with category and sourcing strategies.
- Proven ability in analysis and interpretation of data.
- Proven ability to identify and solve problems
- Having good experience about Nigeria legislations, local business relations and operational processes.
- Preferably local purchasing experience in FMCG sector.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490733 to apply for this job .