- Responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and supervising the day to day activities of the Workshop Section.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads a group of mechanics within workshop.
- Performs trouble shooting and diagnostics procedure on Payloader, forklifts, trucks and diesel engines.
- Record observations and findings during diagnostics run and decide on the correct method of repair, as necessary.
- Plan organise and perform Preventive Maintenance System (PMS)
- Produce Weekly report on condition of vehicles for HOD.
- Responsible for the maintenance and conditioning of the workshop
- Hands-on engagement of all workshop activities, especially technical issues.
- Forecast and order spare parts for specific jobs/special job or for stocks replenishment.
- Provide on-the-job training as well as coaching and mentoring to mechanics and helpers.
- Conduct any other task given to him by his HOD.
- Work Experience: The applicant is to have a minimum of 10 year’s experience leading a workshop team and eligible references. Experience in a reputable firm operating in Nigeria is a must.
- Education: Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Professional technical qualifications in the vehicle and equipment domain. (all candidates must have valid proof of Degrees and Certificates).
- Well-honed leadership and management skills; with an ability to motivate others.
- Innovative, inventive and analytical, able to pre-empt and resolve problems with ease.
- Agile, responsive and good under pressure.
- Able to handle conflict and resolve differences of opinion.
- Hands on mechanical experience and knowledge.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office).
- Fluent in the English language: verbal and written.
- Sound judgment informed by extensive practical knowledge and experience.
- Physically robust, able to operate in a harsh environment.
- A team orientated individual.
- A solution focused individual who has the ability to get the job done regardless of impediment.
- Open minded to change, new ways of thinking and constructive criticism.
- Inclusive by nature, able to build rapport and command respect.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490729 to apply for this job .