GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- Understands strategies for assigned commodities and proactively assists in Sourcing objectives including new supplier identification, supplier consolidation, quoting, contract review, and identifying/executing/tracking cost out projects
- Support commodity buys through assessing supplier capabilities and developing recommendations on supplier acceptability.
- Support Global Commodity Leaders by working PO queues, requesting quotes, approving PO’s, working with requestors to obtain additional information.
- Implement sourcing standards including process & execution, synergies for cost out.
- Write reports to track PO activity and supplier performance.
- Analyze and track “ Supplier promise date” accuracy and develop reports to ensure Supplier promise date accuracy.
- Drive effective recovery plans and create payment tracking and invoice analysis.
- Effectively interface with internal functions of the Corporate Initiatives Team and Global Operation Sourcing
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in a Sourcing role)
- Proficient with Microsoft office
- Desired Characteristics:
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) is preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification is preferred
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven project management and process improvement ability
- Change agent with the ability to influence at all levels
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490726 to apply for this job .