This job listing has expired! Click here to view the latest Consulting jobs in Nigeria
A file clerk, in any setting of office, is responsible for managing all kinds of databases, files, folders and manual records, and create new entries as required. They are also accountable for answering all queries about the business records. He/She also removes all outdated records, logs all data which is removed from the database or library.
A file clerk must be organized and possess a serious understanding of confidentiality and data protection. The ideal candidate will be skilled in computers and detail-oriented.
• Read all kinds of incoming material to establish essential information, for example content or title
• Retrieve, sort, and file all information
• Maintain an arranged file room
• Assist in training of other clerical staff in scanning key documents
• Maintain a day by day productivity log of scanning and indexing activities
• Interact with clients, visitors, staff and the public
• Copy and fax, sort mail. hand out reports and memos
• Sort material in accordance with filing system used
• Collect materials to be filed from company and staff
• Stamp files and materials received
• Record materials removed and take back those not returned
• Remove and trash out-of-date materials
• Assist with typing as required
• Screen and direct incoming calls
• Determine routine problems in office
• Place essential papers and materials in files
• Take photographs of all records by means of microfilming equipment
• Add or remove data to file records
• Help other office workers
Must be persuasive.
Keep up with deadlines.Very good knowledge of MS Office and office equipment such as photocopier, scanner etc. Good command of English both oral and written. Dependable with a respect to confidentiality and policies. Excellent organizational skills. Great attention to detail.