eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information and outbreak response, organize transport of health commodities, streamline clinical procedures, monitor vaccine usage and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
The System Administrator is responsible for creating continuous integration and deployment pipelines for a variety of different engagements and technologies. S/he translates software requirements into workable programming code as well as develops and maintains programs for business use.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates continuous integration and deployment pipelines for a variety of different technologies
- Collaborates with the product and engineering teams to design, build and maintain efficient tools and frameworks to manage highly performant applications
- Troubleshoots development and production problems across multiple environments
- Develops state-of-the-art monitoring and metrics gathering systems
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools
- Provides thought-leadership relating to emerging technologies and makes recommendations how to integrate them into business operations
- Follows best practices for quality, testability & operability
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field
- Minimum of 4 years practical development or operational experience or equivalent
- Experience leveraging Docker and Vagrant within a local development workflow
- Experience with deployment of production code leveraging Docker containers
- Background in Python- or Java-based backend services
- Experience using cloud services (AWS preferred) and a variety of open source technologies
- Experience using Git
- Experience and preference for working within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Fluent in English, French is desired
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490470 to apply for this job .