Meadow Hall was founded by Mrs Kehinde Nwani in July 2002. It started as a summer school in Bashorun Okusanya, Lekki Phase 1 with 24 children. By September of the same year the first academic session commenced with 60 children, six well-experienced teachers and six teaching assistants. In January 2007, the school moved to its permanent site at Meadow Hall Way, Alma Beach Estate, Lekki-Epe Express Way.
- The Meadow Hall Graduate Teacher Trainee Programme (GTTP) is a 3-month teacher training and development initiative aimed at young graduates who are passionate about the teaching profession regardless of their first academic discipline.
- GTTP, which started in 2013 with 30 participants, has produced over 100 professional teachers who are presently working in various schools within and outside Nigeria.
- It is a corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiative of Meadow Hall and comes at no cost to the graduates.
- To institute professionalism in teaching by providing the required training for new entrants into the field
- To equip trainable young entrants into the profession with the latest developments and international best practice for effective teaching and learning
- To attract into the teaching profession dynamic individuals who will acquire workplace and professional values to impact children and, ultimately, the nation.
- To create an exceptional pool of teachers.
- A minimum of a Second Class Division degree from a recognised institution
- Open ONLY to fresh graduates who completed NYSC not more than two years ago
- Applicants must be within 21 and 28 years of age
- Applicants must have a passion for the teaching profession
- Applicants should possess good communication, social and ICT skills
- Applicants without an education qualification (NCE, BEd, PGDE etc.) are expected to obtain one not later than 1 year after the programme.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490452 to apply for this job .