KCA Deutag is one of the world’s leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance, with over 125 years of experience.
We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8,000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Purpose of Job
- The Senior Mechanical Supervisor is responsible for the maintenance of all equipment as well as the associated upkeep of the records and repair history and compliance with company policies.
- They are responsible for the health and safety of all persons under their authority.
Area(s) of Responsibility
- Alt equipment and systems on the rig.
- Rig structure and integrity.
- Compliance with Class and Company requirements for repairs and upkeep oral-associated records.
- All Rig based maintenance teams.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance programme in accordance with Company policy.
- Ensure that all Third Party personnel including Service Engineers comply with Company and installation Safety Procedures,
- Monitor any rig equipment supplied by other contractors or sub-contractors to ensure that It Is suitable for use within the areas desired.
- Ensure that all equipment, including loots and Instruments, under his control compiles with statutory requirements, and that it is maintained at all times ins safe condition, or assure that it otherwise is completely withdrawn from service, Including tools and Instruments in their care
- Operations and maintenance of main power systems sit auxiliary and associated control systems on the unit,
- The detection of machinery malfunction, location of faults to prevent or minimize damage.
- Operation and maintenance of systems for fire prevention, detection and extinction.
- The maintenance of survival craft and launching appliances.
- Ensure compliance with alt statutory pollution prevention procedures,
- Plan maintenance and repair tasks so as to minimize the effect on the drilling operation.
- To ensure that operational management is made aware of any maintenance schedules that are deferred, the reasons why and the potential consequences.
- Supervise the order, cleanliness and housekeeping at all relevant work sites and around all rig equipment.
- To provide marked up updates or modify any drawings, sketches or information on existing and replacement equipment as required.
- Report any misuse of equipment to the Drilling Project Manager
- Ensure that an adequate supply of spare parts is maintained on the Installation and is stored in environmentally sound conditions.
- Check materials offloaded and complete manifests and requisitions for electrical equipment.
- Carryout and record the maintenance tasks specified by the computerised maintenance system.
- Ensure that all the Company’s reporting system data sheets are completed e.g. Maintenance tasks and Corrective Work Orders.
- Ensure that the maintenance section in the Enhanced Drilling Reporting System is updated on a daily basis.
- Recommend and when required adhere to the modifications to equipment process or systems to enhance safety, improve rig performance or comply with statutory notices. To ensure representatives of certifying authorities on Inspections of the installation are accompanied as required.
Safety: Safety is a line responsibility. Each Individual member of the company should be aware of his responsibility to ensure safe working in his respective area:
- Apply Company safety regulations.
- Report to his line supervisor all the potential hazards and abnormal situations.
- Obtain the necessary safety clearance for the nature/type of work to be carried out, In advanced in consultation with the HSE Adviser and in accordance with safety procedures (i.e. WORK PERMIT).
- Explain to the persons concerned the visible and hidden hazards involved In the jobs. (Job, Safety Analysis /Pre job meeting)
- Instruct his personnel before commencing the work to the safety precautions and measures to be observed at work (toolbox meetings),
- Investigate and report near misses and correct them immediately.
- Promptly report to line management, any violation of safety regulations by the personnel, even If this violation has not resulted In an accident.
- To be conversant with the rig maintenance budget and demonstrate an awareness of working to this.
Systems and Processes:
- Comply with the Permit to Work systems in operation on the rig and Base.
- Ensure that all employees under his authority have sufficient Information and knowledge to carry out his job without endangering any persons, plant or equipment and are adequately trained and experienced for a particular task before they are instructed to carry it out.
- Ensure that health and safety at work and accident prevention are continuously brought to the attention of an employees under their authority by means of job supervision, instruction and training.
- Participate in the performance evaluation of the personnel under his authority.
- Carry out competence assessment in respect of departmental staff.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant Group management systems and where applicable client procedures.
- 5+ years’ proven experience working as a Senior Mechanical Supervisor in the drilling Industry or in a drilling equipment related maintenance Environment,
- Recognised degree from the German chamber of trading and commerce in industrial mechanic or equivalent Trade qualification papers.
- MS Office
- KOMS (Kompass Operational Management System)
- CATS (Case Action Tracking System)
- EDRS (Enhanced Drilling Reporting System)
- Computerised Preventive Planned Maintenance
- Permit to work
- Hazardous areas awareness
- Maintenance Hydraulic and pneumatic on Bentec and NOV Equipment
- Top Drive Varco TDS 4H/S, TDS 11SA, IDS1 and Tesco
- Reading of DIN and ANS drawings
- Welding and construction knowledge
- Risk assessment
- Crane maintenance on Liebherr Cranes
- Maintenance on vehicle (Toyota, Mitsubishi and Ford), TRIC, SET, etc,
- Cat Engine C3512B and D399 servicing
- Cat ET and SIS experience
- First aid
- Fire fighting
- Bentac equipment experience would be advantageous
Required Personal Attributes:
- Commitment to safe working practices, policies and legislation.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivator.
- Good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills in English.
- Ability to work individuality and as part of a team.
- Willing to traveling.
- Be flexible to work outside the normal hours if the situation requires that.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490440 to apply for this job .