Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Following the direction of the Multi sectoral Programme Manager and with technical support of Nutrition Coordinator, the Nutrition Deputy Program Manager (DPM) is responsible for running and supervising nutrition activities at all stages of the project management cycle. He/she is also responsible for accomplishing the program objectives and outcomes within the contextual constraints in coordination and synergy with other DPMs.
The Nut DPM also has responsibilities regarding the capacity building of staff; humanitarian needs identification through needs assessments, monitoring of the evolving situation; context analysis to contribute to the development of future programs and internal coordination.
- Contribute to the definition and the implementation of ACF policies, positioning and strategies in the mission.
- Contribute to the identification, definition, formulation of N-H projects and/or components of projects led by other sectors.
- Leads projects implementation, monitoring and reporting for N-H.
- To support in local ACF representation and coordination with other stakeholders within the intervention area.
- Contribute to evaluation (internal and external) of project’s effect/impact.
- Contribute pro-actively to HR management (including staff career plan development).
- Contribute to the mission’s capitalization and to ACF communication.
- Degree in Medicine , or Public Health Degree or equivalent in a field related to Nutrition & Health and or training/courses specific to Nutrition and Health in emergency contexts + minimum 3 years of work experiences.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Fluent English, Hausa and Kanuri.
- Ability to analyse and synthesize information.
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible, culturally sensitive.
- Human resource management experience, leadership and motivation/training skills.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and time management.
- Must be disciplined, able to work autonomously and self-learner;
- Strong capacity to represent ACF and sustain relations with state and local stakeholders.
- Interpersonal skills (team management, communication, reporting, autonomy, pedagogy, planning and organizational skills.
- Experience in working with CMAM, Care Group Model, BCC and IYCF programming.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context.
- Experience with Social Behaviour Change Programming.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490217 to apply for this job .