Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Community Mobilization Supervisor will primarily be responsible for implementation of community mobilization in all the projects including WSAH, Nutrition and food security and livelihoods to provide IDP and vulnerable host households with all relevant information, trainings and orientations related to the projects in assigned LGA and nutrition behavior change communication training in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
- Provide support to ACF’s community mobilization supervisor to implement mobilization activities in ACF program in North East at LGA level.
- Manage community mobilization field teams within sector to ensure compliance, technical quality and coherence in all ACF mobilization, trainings and IEC material Building.
- Ensure tracking and reporting of activities under community mobilization of all sector (FSL, WASH and Nutrition).
- Participate in regular internal and external coordination for the program at LGA level and at state level when required.
- Degree in FSL or wash, nut related studies eg agro-economy, natural resource management, anthropology, public health engineering, nutrition etc.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in humanitarian contexts, with at least 1 year in conflict/insecure contexts.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Excellent team representation competencies.
- Previous experience with Community Mobilization programming.
- one year relevant work experience.
- Microsoft Office Skills.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in local languages.
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of mobilization in different interventions (i.e. cash transfers, wash, Nutrition).
- Previous experience with ACF.
- Experience implementing programming on behalf of donor (ie USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA) funded activities.
- Fluency in Hausa or Kanuri.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490216 to apply for this job .