Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Senior WASH Technical Officer will be working under the leadership and guidance of the WASH Program Manager, accountable for professional technical contribution to drilling and construction of the WASH project activities within the framework of the emergency response program in Northeast, Nigeria.
- Support the WASH manager for smooth implementation of integrated AAH-USA WASH projects.
- Support the WASH project manager to the identification & formulation of WASH projects, and AAH Nigeria mission strategy.
- Support the project manager in developing proper Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting of projects.
- Staffs management and capacity building.
- To actively participate in external coordination within the WASH sector at the LGA and state level, as well as national level as required.
- Contribute to the mission’s capitalization and to ACF communication.
- Water Resources Engineering, Geology, Environmental or Public Health Degree (Bachelor level or equivalent/higher) in a field related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
- Additional training courses specific to WASH in development contexts (such as Bioforce Institute graduates), and/or Program Management professional certifications, strongly preferred.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience, in a WASH management/supervisory capacity.
- Strong computer literacy, organizational and planning skills, report writing, budget oversight.
- Commitment to upholding ACF’s values, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the INGO/NGO and humanitarian context.
- Experience managing a team of staff.
- Experience in Preparation of project Bill of Quantities (BoQ).
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490215 to apply for this job .