Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The NUT DPM Will directly report to the cash Transfer Project Manager and Wil play a key role in implementing the Nutrition component (porridge mums) of the cash transfer program of AAH in Borno State North-Eastern Nigeria. The Deputy Program Manager (DPM) is responsible for running and supervising nutrition activities at all stages of the project management cycle. The DPM ensures the nutrition team completes the defined activities while adhering to internal standards and contractual obligations.
- Provide support to the Program Manager and the Nutrition specialist to implement the program successfully.
- To establish and supervise the grant’s nutrition (porridge mum components) of the cash transfer program.
- To coordinate activities within ACF, SMOH and between partners in project area.
- To ensure adequate reporting and documentation of all related nutrition activities.
- Training and managing the program team in collaboration with Cash PM and Specialists.
- To ensure adequate commodity management of all therapeutic foods and other nutrition supplements.
Degree in Medicine , or Public Health Degree or equivalent in a field related to Nutrition & Health and or training/courses specific to Nutrition and Health in emergency contexts + minimum 4 years of work experiences.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Fluent English, Hausa and Kanuri.
- Ability to analyse and synthesize information.
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible, culturally sensitive.
- Human resource management experience, leadership and motivation/training skills.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and time management.
- Must be disciplined, able to work autonomously .
- Strong capacity to represent ACF and sustain relations with state and local stakeholders.
- Interpersonal skills (team management, communication, reporting, autonomy, pedagogy, planning and organizational skills.
- Experience in working with CMAM and IYCF Complementary feeding programming.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context.
- Experience with Social Behaviour Change Programming.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490213 to apply for this job .