Job Purpose/ Key Objectives:
- Support the Finance team in processing payments, entering accounting records into Infor SunSystems and ensuring tax compliance.
- Verify the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Collect invoices/bills and make entries into the accounting system and run reports.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders to ensure seamless accounts payable process by ensuring the approval of invoices/bills, preparing back up documents, making payments and providing payment details to vendors.
- Liaise with relevant action parties (Accounting, Reconciliation, Banks, etc.) to ensure timely resolution, communication and documentation of returned/unapplied payments.
- Calculate tax and other deductions to deduct from the source while making payment.
- Maintain repository for financial documents and records to meet the Group and audit & tax requirements.
- Liaise with the bank and other government institutions in Finance functions.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable).
- Reconcile records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
- Carry out monthly bank reconciliation and intercompany reconciliation.
- Liaise with tax consultants and banks to ensure timely remittance/ filling of taxes.
- Ensure invoices and other backups are digitized and filed securely.
- Investigate questionable data and recommend actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Verify expenses in line with the approved budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field.
- Candidate must be a chartered accountant. (i.e. ICAN, ACCA)
- Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in an accounting/audit role.
- Previous experience in the oil and gas industry is a major advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles.
- Proficient in the use of Infor SunSystems ERP software is a prerequisite for this role.
- Competent in Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Professional presentation and conduct.
- Must have excellent follow-up and tracking skills.
- High level of integrity, tact and a deep respect for confidentiality.
- Articulate and close attention to detail.
- Flexible, reliable, self-motivated and dedicated team player.
- Quick thinking and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Skilled in performing a broad range of financial duties.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490196 to apply for this job .