Cactus Communications is a leading provider of scientific communication services to more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries. We engage a team of highly skilled editors who are experts in various academic fields. CACTUS is honoured to be ranked 15th (after a screening of more than 40,000 companies) on FlexJobs' 2016 list of Top 100 Companies for Remote/Freelance Jobs.
What You Will Do:
- Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Understand client and industry requirements and adapt working approach accordingly
- Meet deadlines
- Receive training to become adept at the points mentioned above
Why This is a Great Opportunity
- Flexibility. You can telecommute from anywhere in the Kenya.
- You will receive training to become adept at editing.
- You will have unlimited access to exclusive interviews with industry experts, articles on the latest industry trends, and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
- At CACTUS, you will be exposed to research carried out worldwide and will get an insider’s view of the burgeoning, multi-million-dollar publishing industry.
What You Need
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD degree in any sub-specialization of Humanities/Social Sciences.
- Excellent written English skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490151 to apply for this job .