A Faith based not for profit Foundation working in education, is currently engaging dynamic, passionate, result-oriented and self-motivated people to fill key positions in the Foundation.
The Foundation is registered in Nigeria but seeks to expand its work to the African continent. This work includes giving scholarships, encouraging lifelong learning through trainings and reading initiatives and establishing libraries.
Chief Operating Officer
This individual will be responsible for managing internal operations of the Foundation. This individual will be primarily responsible for implementing core activities and overseeing all administrative and financial task associated with ensuring effective management of memberships and programmes.
- Report to and work closely with the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer
- Develop and define the Foundation’s operational strategy
- Develop and define the Foundation’s marketing strategy
- Develop and build the Foundation’s funding base
- Provide financial oversight of business operations with a focus on delivering on financial goals and key business metrics;
- Manage the smooth functioning of the office support systems including negotiations with suppliers, vendors and other service providers in the most cost effective manner;
- Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with financial, human resources and administrative policies and procedures;
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Foundation
- Prepare regular reports on the performance of the entity
- Ensure that company complies with all tax and legal obligations.
- Overseeing any other tasks that may emerge as a result of the growth of the Foundation.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law, Business Administration or any other related field.
- A Master’s degree in Law, Business Administration, Public Administration, Developmental Studies, or MBA will be an added advantage
- Over 5 years of experience of managerial experience in international business or development
- Evidence of strong fundraising and funds management skills
- Evidence of string networks in the Nigerian private, public and nonprofit sector
- Demonstrable knowledge and interest in literature and literacy
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Proven entrepreneurial ability and capacity to work with significant autonomy
- A high level of integrity and preparedness to keep stakeholders informed
- Strong indication of passion for Africa’s development and commitment to the developmental objective of the Foundation
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in the use of social media is an added advantage.
- A team and bridge builder
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490014 to apply for this job .