JEI-Nigeria is looking for an imaginative video/audio producer to join our team as Creative Media Officer. He/she will be an innovative thinker and digital media professional, with strong technical skills, who is committed to access to justice for the poor and supporting grassroots efforts to engage in public dialogue and policy advocacy. The Creative Media Officer will work with all the members of the JEI-Nigeria staff, community paralegals, and Federation members, to shape the creative vision behind our many projects and to execute that vision by producing a wide variety of media (including video, photography, and audio, among others).
- Work with JEI-Nigeria staff, community paralegals, and members of the Nigerian Slum/Informal Settlement Federation to produce short-form documentaries, advocacy campaign videos, social ads, podcasts and community radio programs, and other multi-media advocacy materials.
- Train community paralegals and members of the Nigerian Slum/Informal Settlement Federation’s Policy Advocacy Committee on videography, audio recording, photography, video and sound editing, scripting, etc.
- Participate in project management, development of distribution strategy, and other responsibilities that go beyond media production.
- Serve as a media technology resource for JEI-Nigeria, advising the organization on media technology, managing our media archive, developing and managing workflow, advising on hardware and software acquisitions, production and design technology, and more.
- Assist with project implementation, including strategic distribution, outreach, and audience engagement efforts, which are unique to each project.
- At least 3 years experience working in documentary or television production, radio production, design or media and technology. Please describe the required experience in a short cover letter. Candidates with more than three years’ experience are strongly encouraged to apply as well.
- Ability to produce short documentary films from conception to production, to editing, to final distribution. The ideal candidate will be a “jack of all trades producer,” with solid editing skills and professional videography skills and field sound recording skills.
- Strong technical knowledge of video and sound editing software, design software, and production equipment.
- Other technical and design skills are a plus (but not required). These include graphic design, motion graphics, UI design, coding, social media, etc.
- Experience as an entrepreneur or in a startup environment (in any sector) is a significant plus.
- Fluency in “broken” / Pidgin English required. Fluency in Yoruba, Egun, or Hausa languages skills a significant plus.
A competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please send a résumé/CV, cover letter, and links to reels and portfolios via email with “Creative Media Officer” in the subject line by 15 November 2016. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/489984 to apply for this job .