JEI-Nigeria is looking for a committed individual with significant experience in project or field research management and sophisticated policy-oriented data analysis to join our team as a Mapping & Profiling Data Analyst based in Lagos. He/she will be an innovative thinker and with strong technical skills, who is committed to supporting and strengthening grassroots data generation and turning data into meaningful tools for planning and policy advocacy. The Mapping & Profiling Data Analyst will work with other members of JEI-Nigeria staff and the Nigerian Slum/Informal Settlement Federation’s profiling and mapping teams.
- Work with the Nigerian Slum/Informal Settlement Federation’s mapping and profiling teams to strengthen community profiling, mapping, and enumeration processes to ensure consistency and accuracy of data, timely data capture, and regular data review and cleanup.
- Analyze mapping, profiling, and enumeration data and create/generate maps, reports, and other “knowledge products” to feed into policy advocacy work and publications about our work.
- Identify / recruit and train team of Federation members in data analysis.
- Manage mapping, profiling, enumeration and other field research components of various projects to ensure project targets are achieved.
- Participate in project management and other responsibilities beyond mapping and profiling data analysis as part of the JEI-Nigeria team.
- At least 3 years experience in field research or project management and data analysis. Please describe the required experience in a short cover letter. Candidates with more experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated skills in data collection, management, and analysis. Experience with data collection, management, and analysis software a significant plus.
- Strong writing and research skills.
- Training / teaching skills mandatory.
- Experience working with grassroots movements a significant plus.
- Training or experience in statistical analysis a plus.
- Training or experience with GIS / mapping software a plus.
- Degree in social sciences or other relevant field welcome.
- Experience as an entrepreneur or in a startup environment a plus.
- Fluency in “broken” / Pidgin English required. Fluency in Yoruba, Egun, and/or Hausa languages skills a significant plus.
A competitive salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV/résumé, cover letter, and two writing samples from relevant work via email with the words “Mapping & Profiling Data Analyst” in the subject line. Application deadline: 15 November 2016. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/489980 to apply for this job .