The successful candidate will be a self-starter with drive and motivation, have professional experience working with businesses and civil society, and be passionate about environmental and social issues throughout supply chain. The position is full time based in Calabar, Cross River State and requires frequent international travel.
POSITION REPORTING TO: TFT Senior Manager West Africa
This position serves as Country Manager to support activities as required in Nigeria and Ghana. Essential responsibilities and functions include:
- Register TFT in Nigeria and open accordingly a TFT office.
- In collaboration with Africa Senior Managers, support the operations and business development in the African regions specially in Nigeria, Liberia and Ghana;
- Participate in promoting TFT Initiatives (Rurality, Grassroots, Starling …) and vision with a wide audience including NGOs, companies and the donor community.
- Provide daily direction for TFT’s development in Nigeria, Ghana and collaborate with TFT staff, members and civil society partners in Nigeria, Ghana and around the world.
- Take charge of report writing, collating meeting documentation, developing communications materials and forward-planning as the business grows.
- Manage relationships with investors, including TFT members, local stakeholders and national grant decision-making committees.
- Develop and implement strategic work plans for an expanding programme.
- Manage and oversee delivery of project outcomes, reporting and communications.
- Develop and implement strategies and work plans for advancing the production and availability of responsibly produced products from Nigeria, Ghana, focusing on current TFT product groups but also on new products;
- Research and evaluate product supply chains against responsible sourcing guidelines and international standards;
- Monitor and update supplier information for TFT members/clients regarding key commitments made towards responsible sourcing procedures, work plans or agreements, etc.
- Undertake business development and communication actions in Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia to make TFT’s work known in these countries and in Africa region in general;
- Master’s degree or other equivalent higher level training in forestry, natural resource management, environmental or social sciences or business
- Minimum of 5 years relevant business or non-profit experience, with increasing responsibilities in programme and people management
- Field experience, particularly in Africa
- Relevant business experience or non-profit, with increasing responsibilities in programme and people management
- Strategic thinking & planning (particularly in management related to forests, environmental and social issues)
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues around the environmental, social and legality risks within TFT product groups
- Ability to break down complex problems, through practical wisdom, develop and implement action plans that close out GAPs that address the challenges within acceptable timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to work with businesses on management, supply chain and certification issues
- Ability to work independently and in a small team
- Ability to prioritize and organize own work schedule
- Advanced writing and communication skills in English; other foreign languages a plus
- Well-developed management and leadership capabilities
- Advanced personal computer, email, Microsoft Office Programme suite, Internet skills,Understanding GIS tools
Our global operations span many time zones, which means staff are often required to work outside office hours. This position will require regular meetings with leaders of large, multi-national corporations, as well as extensive international travel, so the candidate should be able to thrive in both corporate settings and a wide variety of cultural environments.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A unique work experience in a fast-growing and dynamic non-profit directly impacting the conservation of the environment and improvements in human rights and social equity through trade.
- A dynamic international environment with the chance to work in a multicultural setting.
- Opportunity to work with some of the worlds’ largest companies on the most pressing social and environmental issues that they face.
- Opportunity to lead a major new initiative and gain advanced project management, client relations and business development skills, with exposure to many diverse tasks.
- Opportunity to work with high-level procurement and CSR offices in international corporations.
· Salary will be commensurate to experience.
Only candidates with Nigerian nationality will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send Applications with Cover Letter and CV
Application deadline: 30 November 2016
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/489797 to apply for this job .