A Media Expert is responsible for overseeing communications to the media, including preparing articles, press kits, press releases, and other content initiatives. Cultivates and manages relationships with media reps both traditional and new media. Support and maintain internal and external communications with project collaborators, implementing agencies, service providers and assist to execute the communications strategy, maintain project documentation
The Media Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of a fully integrated and strategic media relations and social media vision. Ability to raise awareness of and promote the organisation is a principal criteria
- Prepare articles and press releases for the media and the organizations' blog.
- Manage the social media handles of the organization
- Manage the website content ensuring that it is updated regularly
- Introduce new and more effective ways of disseminating information to the public
- Constantly create conversations on social media especially Facebook on twitter
- Engage and increase followers on Instagram, twitter and Facebook
- Upload, monitor and engage viewers on the YouTube page
- Other duties that relate to Media Relations Manager
- Prepare newsletters to the members of the organization
- Ensure the company protects and promotes its image in a proper, coordinated, and consistent manner.
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the press and publicity community.
- Manage the flow of news about the organization to the media.
- Gather and disseminate timely information to press and staff.
- Optimize communication system to enhance accuracy of communication.
- Create effective communication channels.
- Enhance effectiveness of press and publicity function.
- Act as a media spokesperson on behalf of the company and address questions and complaints.
- Develop relationships with national, regional and international press contacts to ensure the company reputation is promoted and to deflect criticism.
- Plan and oversee press events.
- Detect public relations issues as they emerge and address them directly.
- Research and write briefing materials.
- Assemble press kits.
- Compose and edit press releases, company literature, and articles for internal and external use.
- Assist in coordinating communication activities and events of the project and partners
- Assist in conducting awareness, raising campaigns, events, information dissemination etc. for the organisation
- Take lead in dissemination of communication materials to relevant stakeholders
- Draft case studies and relevant project documents and suggest recommendations on varied issues (as and when required)
- The officer may be required to perform duties that are beyond the scope of the job description in mutual discussion and agreement with the management.
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences/Mass communication
- At least 3 years of professional work experience in designing and executing media communication activities, preferably in digital marketing
- Ability to work in a team and to sometimes tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to communicate with people outside the organisation, representing the organisation to customers, members, executives, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail
- Ability to create new ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including creative contributions
- Proficient in use of computer applications related to the tasks
- Experience of working with local NGOs, INGOs and government bodies would be an advantage
- Possess a workable laptop for office use
- Possess a phone that is internet complaint
SALARY: 100-150,000 NAIRA MONTHLY
Candidate must own a laptop
Interested applicants should email cv and picture
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/489614 to apply for this job .