Chief Executive Officer & Board of Directors
To provide independent and objective assurance on the management of risk throughout the organisation. This includes a range of compliance and audit activities including risk management, internal audit, internal control systems and processes.
- Developing Company policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance.
- Reviewing and appraising the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and financial controls, compliance procedures and controls and timeliness of documentation generation.
- Assessing the adequacy and extent of programs designed to safeguard organization assets.
- Compiling and issuing reports detailing conclusions and providing recommendations for improvements.
- Directing and appraising the activities of audit and compliance personnel.
- Developing an annual audit plan using input from the Company and stakeholders to identify priorities and resource requirements for the year. Annual audit plan to cover all activities of the Company and its subsidiaries
- Meeting with Directors, the CEO and Managers to discuss needs and propose audits plans.
- Ensuring plan is developed to meet the Audit Committee’s expectations.
- Scheduling and assigning audits to members of staff, ensuring effective and efficient use of resources.
- Overseeing and providing quality control for the department’s audits, to ensure departmental mandate and business goals are met and that professional standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensuring completion of audit assignments to provide independent, objective assurance to the Audit Committee.
- Developing new methodologies to improve the audit process, making it “easier” for the Organisation to request audits and implement recommendations.
- Significantly contributing to the establishment, delivery and maintenance of an efficient and effective compliance framework and related policies, practices and processes consistent
- with regulations and relevant professional standards.
- Contributing to the achievement of the Company’s objectives, goals and priorities, through the application of specialist compliance related knowledge, expertise and experience.
- Liaising and consult with internal and external parties to contribute to the ongoing
- development and improvement of corporate compliance and risk management services.
- Keeping abreast of changes in Accounting and Audit procedures to ensure the organisation is in compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, or any related field of study
- Professional Qualification in ACA, ACCA
- Post Graduate Degree an advantage
- Experience in an Internal Control, Audit position in any area of the Financial Services sector
- Approximately 10 -15 years’ experience in Internal Control, Internal Audit role
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing internal audit programs including fieldwork, reporting, review through to sign-off and completion.
- High attention to detail.
- Demonstrated customer focus with an emphasis on building relationships with all levels of staff and management, managing conflict effectively, understanding and meeting needs, negotiating positive outcomes and providing a value added service.
- Proven effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to develop critical and complex reports and documentation and the provision of specialist advice on issues of a complex nature.
- Ability to manage and motivate self, work collaboratively in a team environment and across an organisation, contribute to a culture of teamwork and take a shared responsibility for achieving results.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/489559 to apply for this job .