Heartland Alliance International, one of the world’s leading anti-poverty organizations, works in communities in the U.S. and abroad to serve those who are homeless, living in poverty, or seeking safety.
- Incumbent will provide technical support for comprehensive HIV/ AIDS programming for Key population
- Responsible for strengthening the leadership and the capacity of target populations and CBOs in coordination with state teams on HIV Sexual Transmission Prevention (HIV STP).
- To ensure the integration of HIV Sexual Transmission Prevention services into the existing services provided by HAI to key population.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of approaches in Prevention services, the prevention of and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Supports collaboration among partners involved in HIV STP programs and promotes use of internationally recognized best practices and evidence-informed HIV STP interventions/services for key populations
- Supports the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV STP training curricula and other documents to meet appropriate international standards, regional protocols, and local realities
- Degree in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health or a related field; or a Master’s degree or equivalent in Public Health or related fields
- At least 5 years’ post NYSC experience in developing country health care programs or program support function 2 years of which must be at a management level within an international NGO or agency
- Knowledge of the policies, regulations, reporting formats, and cultures of principal donors, including USAID, EC, DFID, CDC/PEPFAR, and others a Experience in coordinating HIV/AIDS program implementation
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills including the ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion.
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a diplomatic and professional manner
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/489312 to apply for this job .