Pyxera Global - We leverage the unique strengths of corporations, governments, social sector organizations, educational institutions, and individuals to enhance the abilities of people and communities to solve complex problems and attain mutually beneficial goals. With a quarter century of experience in more than 90 countries, our team is passionate and dedicated to navigating challenges and pinpointing purposeful global engagement opportunities for our clients and partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Extension Services Manager Will oversee all extension activities providing support to program activities in farmer outreach and verification, aggregation, training, and access to finance.
- He/she will be responsible for ensuring proper allocation of extension resources across all project activities.
- The Extension Services Manager will report directly to the Nigeria Yield Wise Deputy Director and will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage and develop the program’s extension agents into an agile, knowledgeable and high-caliber extension unit.
- Manage extension agents’ schedules and workload to ensure effective allocation of time and resource, per extension agent per program activity.
- Works with technical team to assess talent filed and match resources against project priorities, skillsets and expertise, and/or geographical preference/proximity.
- Art as a point of conflict to, technical team to book and confirm resources for project activities manage and resolves resource conflicts as they arise.
- Maintain up-to date record of daily assignments to be able to report in technical team agents availability and location.
- Review extension agents’ weekly reports and Share with technical team for planning purposes.
- Recognize internal of project needs or risks and support extension agents and technical team in effective prioritization and management team.
- Monitor extension agents’ performance and conduct frequent site visits to identify potential instances of underutilization and actively work with technical team to address end Solve those issues.
- Liaise with government agency or private firm from Where extension agents are deployed, and provide regular updates on progress, time commitments, resource challenges, replacements, and/or other needs as they arise.
- Work wills the program technical team to identify additional extension services required as per program’s expansion strategy.
- Create annual budget for extension services capacity building, and identify opportunities for external trainings throughout the year on various technical subject matters.
- Provide recommendations on process improvement, for resource management to Deputy Director.
- Support the development of other program reports on extension services activities, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in project management, workflow or resource management.
- Experience managing workflows for teams of more than 30 people.
- Excellent presentations, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning aisd time management skills.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skill.
- Knowledge of agriculture or rural agribusiness, preferred.
- Fluent in English and Hausa, required.
- Nigerian national, preferred.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/489265 to apply for this job .