We are seeking an individual with high technical competencies who can drive best practices, building reporting efficiency, applied research and insight discovery. This is an exciting position in which you will be solving high-impact real-world business problems. You will be on the forefront of developing data visualizations and reports for clients in different industry. Your work will include gathering reporting requirements, interpreting them, and building out dashboards and reports that exceed our clients’ expectations. Integral to your work will be communication with the client and in depth knowledge of our reporting platform. Whether it’s building SQL reports from scratch or using our BI tool, you’ll be responsible for delivering complex reports that provide actionable insight to our key client stakeholders.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide value-add analysis to the business through use of visualization software to guide analysis, drawing implications from analysis, and synthesizing into clear communications.
- Understand how data flows within various systems to provide input on requirements for databases to ensure data is organized properly for reporting/analytics.
- Develop business requirements to drive functional specifications for reporting applications.
- Participate in proposal writing, client deliverables and research papers.
- Create visualizations from data / GIS data analysis for inclusion in proposals, reports, papers and multi-media projects.
- Coordinate with customers and staff, provide support to all data analysis, and provide company metrics.
- Perform data analysis on all results and prepare presentations for prospects and clients.
- Perform audit on data and resolve business related issues for customer base.
- Guide the full lifecycle of a big data solution, including requirements analysis, platform selection, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing, and deployment.
- Help the organization’s customers develop strategies that maximize the value of their data.
- Work with product managers to define the usage requirements, the scalability, elasticity, and ultimately the business model of the big data analytics solution.
- Help the company establish thought leadership in the big data space by contributing white-papers, technical commentary to the community.
- Gather and process raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.).
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis – and then do the analysis.
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong quantitative acumen with the demonstrated ability to think analytically and conceptually
- Ability to manage multiple projects work under pressure, and adapt to sudden changes in the work environment
- Passionate about technology’s impact on business and society
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and shareholders
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Masters Degree is an advantage. Qualification in IT-related course is required.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, business analysis and data management will be an advantage
- Expert in several system software, MS Office proficiency, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint (with high technical ability) Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
- Experience with real-time analytics and business intelligent platforms such as Elasticsearch, SAS, Hadoop and Tableau Software.
- Experience with SQL databases and several programming languages and statistical software packages such as R, Java, MatLab or SPSS.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/489245 to apply for this job .