Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties.
- To remove all the previous day’s receipts from the drop box which have previously been deposited by front office and restaurant cashiers and night auditors, ensuring that the removal is witnessed by a responsible person.
- To count and verify money in the cashiers’ deposit envelopes brining any discrepancies immediately to the attention of the controller.
- Prepare cash report and bank deposit slips.
- To handle foreign exchange deposits and any related reports.
- To monitor daily the official exchange rates to ensure that the hotels published rates are appropriate.
- To provide change for all cashiers.
- To make petty cash disbursements and prepare a summary of the same.
- To control all housebanks as follows:
- To ensure that a valid, signed contract exists for each.
- To ensure that all housebanks are counted at least once per period.
- To “Flex” housebanks as the volume of “in-house” business demands.
- Prepare monthly status of house banks and house bank counts for submission to the controller.
- To prepare cash receipts journal and related journal voucher for posting to the general ledger.
- To handle all required correspondence with hotel bankers.
- To attend the daily account of Casino revenue as per schedule.
- Employee relations: works closely with all cashiers to ensure that current exchange rates are used and that proper cash handling procedures are followed.
- Materials and products: not applicable.
- Equipment: Responsible for the maintenance in good order of all equipment such as main safe, drop box and counting machine etc.
- Cash: Responsible for own house bank and housebanks issued to cashiers and others. Responsible for ban deposit of all cash receipts. Responsible for petty cash disbursements.
- Business contacts: Central bank officials and commercial banks
- First degree holder (BSc or HND holder)
- Accounting Knowledge or background.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in international chain hotel.
- Above Average hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, WORD and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data, figures and reports generated from the computer system.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English Language.
- Ability to take responsibility and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Honest, Hardworking and with Integrity
- Ability to work as a team
- Proactive thinking
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/488773 to apply for this job .