Assistant farm managers are responsible for planning, organising and managing the activities of the farm.
Specific tasks include:
- Responsible for day-to-day operational decisions.
- Responsible for employee locating, training, and supervision.
- Responsible for and monitoring of livestock health and welfare, including acting as the liaison officer between consulting veterinarian.
- Determining feed formulation and determining rations.
- Taking inventory of livestock daily.
- Planning egg production to maintain farm progress against budget parameters.
- Conduct practical activities, e.g. operating machinery, feeding livestock, vaccination, spraying and dispensing disinfectants, and other related activities.
- Arranging the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment.
- Planning activities for trainee staff, mentoring and monitoring them.
- Maintaining and monitoring the quality of livestock yield.
- Understanding the implications of the weather and making contingency plans.
- Maintaining a knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them.
- Applying health and safety standards across the farm.
- Protecting the environment and maintaining biodiversity.
- Responsible for ordering and purchasing farm tools and equipment.
- Responsible for maintenance of equipment and farm buildings; Feed storage/ Outbuildings and improvements/Portable equipment for livestock enterprise
- B.Sc. Agricultural Science
- B.Sc. Agric Economics
- B.Sc. Animal Science
- B.Sc. Veterinary Medicine.
Years of Experience:
- 5 years minimum. Advanced degree a plus
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to use computers and all standard programs and the ability to learn and effectively use any and all other computer programs that are or will be made available at the farm.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/488767 to apply for this job .