The Government of Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP), The Project Development objective is to increase access of the poor to social and natural resource infrastructure service in a sustainable manner. This will be achieved through the provision of great support to beneficiary communities based on their identified, prioritized micro projects in the community Development Plans (CDP) which are to be implemented, maintained and utilized using Community Drlven Development (COD) approach.
In order to drive the process, existing vacant positions in the Agency are to be filled. In this regard, the Nasarawa State Community and Social Development Agency (NSCSDA), invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from Public and Private sectors for recruitment into this position
- Ensuring efficient running of the office and the maintenance of all office facilities
- Processing and paying all bills, salaries (etc) pertaining to the smooth running of the State Agency;
- Maintaining schedules of personnel, welfare and other personnel functions;
- Ensuring the proper recording of financial transactions of the Agency;
- Generating adequate, reliable and timely financial reports for the General Manager (GM) and other Stakeholders;
- Preparing annual budgets and work plans for the State Agency;
- Processing and managing all fund disbursements as well as ensuring proper documentation to facilitate the release of funds from funding agencies to Communities;
- Liaising with banks, tax authorities, and other regulatory agencies on behalf of the State Agency;
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports on financial progress of micro-projects and Community Development Projects (CDPs);
- Preparing quarterly Financial Management Reports (FMR5)
- Assisting the GM in the day-to-day running of the State Agency;
- Reviewing financial transactions of communities in line with General Guidelines issued by the State Agency, Federal Project Support Unit (FPSU) apd Funding Agencies, and making reports to the GM;
- Offering training and capacity building in the areas of financial management, record keeping, and other related matters to the Community; and
- Perform any other duties assigned by the General Manager
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A university degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting or Banking and Finance with at least twelve years post-qualification experience and membership of professional association such as ICAN, ANAN, ACA, ACCA and knowledge of Computer based Accounting packages.
- Experience in donor-funded rural development project will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit three (3) copies of hand written applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae, alongside photo copies of relevant credentials sealed and delivered to the address below:
The Desk Officer,
Community and Social Development Project (CSDP)
Office of the Hon. Commissioner,
Ministry of Budget and Planning,
Planning House, Sgendam Road,
Note: The agency is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/488527 to apply for this job .