MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
- Ensure Frontline capability development through the most effective and cost efficient training delivery methodology
- Promote knowledge of MTN Products & Services through various platforms
- Deploy business operations training to support the strategic objective of MTN leveraging all available traditional and digital technology platforms.
- Review trends in training and development and develop approach to deploy and manage trainings to support staff optimal productivity on systems and applications across the business (Oracle Financial Application (OFA), Human Resources
- Information System (HRIS), Industrial Financial Systems (IFS), Hyperion and Customer Relations (CR) Applications).
- Ascertain training needs arising from Frontline business operations, lead team to support product development and develop learning content/curriculum for training Frontline staff on MTN products and services in conjunction with the sales, customer relations and product development teams.
- Organise and plan roll out of business operations training interventions within the regions and manage training delivery, measurement and follow-ups as necessary for business operations (product and systems) training.
- Develop and implement training plans for pre-determined roll out of product and system training and provide input for the development of the Learning & Development budget.
- Analyse training needs and efficiently allocate training resources according to capacity, experience, knowledge of trainer and other relevant needs.
- Manage training evaluation procedure using appropriate evaluation methodology (i.e. Kirk Patrick) and conduct surveys on the effectiveness of training periodically.
- Conduct reviews of learning materials and delivery process, providing assurance in the quality and ensuring compliance with organizational standards and best practices.
- Monitor training activities including costs and performance, conduct annual training effectiveness survey and ensure feedback from evaluation is fed back into subsequent training interventions.
- Review related regulations with respect to training and administer process for ITF compliance.
- Develop relevant reports and statistics/data in support of learning solutions management.
- Identify, evaluate and track the development needs and performance of Learning Delivery team, providing opportunities for staff to build on the company’s investment in their training and improve productivity.
- Coach and mentor the team members to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the unit, awareness of all related job requirements and accountabilities and leverage human resources career development programs for staff career development.
- Standard MTNN working conditions.
- Open plan office.
- Regional Travel.
- Field work: > 40% of total work hours
Experience & Training:
- First degree preferably in the social sciences
- 8 year work experience with 2 years within the training experience
- At least 2 year experience in a supervisory/ managerial role
- Experience in dealing with a large number of people
- Experience in the Customer Relations (CR) environment of a telecoms company is required
- Training delivery experience in Telecoms products and systems would be an added advantage
- Good understanding of Telecoms products and services
- Systems Approach to Training (SATs)
- Adult Education strategies
- Customer Care/Focus
- Job Analysis
- People Management
- Minimum qualification
- BA, BSc, BTech, HND or BEd
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/488359 to apply for this job .