REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Twinning for Health Support Initiative, Nigeria (THSI-N) was established by the American International Health Alliance (AIHA) as its local Nigerian partner organization. THSI-N received its Certificate of Incorporation by the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission in February 2014.
SUMMARY OF PRIMARY DUTIES:
Under the overall guidance of the Executive Director, The M&E Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement for its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner. The M&E officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project, assisting the Executive Director in preparing Quarterly/ Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the Project and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer works in close collaboration with the project team, institutions, Government officials and partners.
- Provide day-to-day project activity tracking and reporting.
- Implement project accountability mechanisms and the provision of feedback to partners.
- Ensure that systems are in place to measure project impact and progress and that data is available for programmatic adjustments and evidence-based decision-making.
- Take the lead in designing a learning agenda, assessment and research protocols, overseeing data collection and report writing pertaining to all data.
- Provide technical leadership in writing of project reports in line with donor timelines and regulations.
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures
- Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work;
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success;
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the National Project Director
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system and develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project;
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Management Team
- Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS;
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
- IV. Measurable Outputs and Performance Indicators
- Preparation of monthly MIS reports;
- Provide input and update information related to project outcome in THSI-N.
- Provide technical leadership in preparing monthly and quarterly reports on project progress based on MIS reports on project activities;
- Prepare Issues Log and Risk Log for the project;
- Develop M&E system for the Project and for the government counterpart/stakeholders;
- Prepare and maintain data base
- Perform other job functions as assigned.
Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- In-depth knowledge on MIS, M&E and development issues
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, Respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change
- Focuses on result for the client
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior
- B.SC. in any of the Social Sciences, Sciences or related field
- At least 4 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/US Government;
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software
- Strong and demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Demonstrates capacity for organization, prioritization, and management in a dynamic environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, works independently and in a team environment
- Able to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of cultural sensitivity. Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to communicate with tact and diplomacy
- English proficiency skills
- Ability to travel domestically (25%)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; stoop; reach with hands and arms; balance; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/488355 to apply for this job .