Twinning for Health Support Initiative, Nigeria (THSI-N) was established by the American International Health Alliance (AIHA) as its local Nigerian partner organization. THSI-N received its Certificate of Incorporation by the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission in February 2014.
SUMMARY OF PRIMARY DUTIES:
Under the direction of the Executive Director the Program Manager is responsible for supporting the Auxiliary-Social Work (ASW) program in the states designated. Areas of responsibility include strategic planning; partner orientation and support; report writing; and program logistical support. The Program Manager must be able to work independently and use sound judgment in responding to partner and program needs and in facilitating ASW trainings. S/he will be in close contact with partners and trainees, and will coordinate communication and program activities.
- Work with social work institutions and other partners as the lead advisor for all relevant social work project activities.
- Work with the THSI-N staff and partners to develop and maintain program workplans and budgets, making changes and updates as appropriate
- Work with social welfare officers at the state and LGA level, and partner organizations to implement ASW and social work activities and also work towards building the social welfare capacity of local government agencies (LGA), and partner institutions.
- Assist partners and volunteers with the development, editing, finalization, and packaging of program reports and materials
- Develop job descriptions for graduated ASWs to be placed in LGAs and partner organizations andassisting partner Institutions with the development, editing, finalization, and packaging of program curriculum, reports and materials.
- Keep abreast of all ASW program activities, maintain close contact with THSI-N partners and other collaborators, and work with the Monitoring and Evaluation officer to implement program monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities.
- Implement partnership monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for program implementation, utilizing existing M&E systems and working with the THSI-N M&E officer in developing new ones as needed
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external sources about THSI-Nprograms
- Provide program updates to THSI-N staff, partner institutions, and stakeholders on a regular basis, scheduling, coordinating, and participating in program trainings and meetings,as well as serve as an information source on program policies, procedures, and administration guidelines.
- Assist in the development, writing, editing, finalization, and packaging of funding proposals
- Develop and maintain program workplans, making changes and updates as appropriate.
- Identify possible new funding sources/opportunities and develop contacts with possible new collaborators
- Support the planning and implementation of program meetings
- Schedule, coordinate, and participate in program trainings and meetings
- Serve as an information source on program policies, procedures, and administration guidelines
- Find and catalogue the latest resources and information on HIV/AIDS and other healthcare and related issues in the region
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to the THSI-N Executive/Project Director and
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Degree in social science and/or health with a minimum of two (2) years equivalent work experience in health/social work programs
- Extensive knowledge of or experience in program management and support procedures
- Proven ability to implement multidimensional projects
- Ability to develop and maintain close relationships with various stakeholders
- Self-starter and strong multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment
- Experience managing an office and junior staff
- Must be very dependable and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personal and professional maturity and judgment
- Knowledge of public health, particularly HIV and AIDS programs
- English fluency is essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) and the Internet
- Must be willing to travel domestically in Nigeria 25-35% of the time
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, work independently and in a team environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; stoop; reach with hands and arms; balance; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/488344 to apply for this job .